Solved

Webroot Filtering Extension

• 23 August 2017
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16
The webroot filtering extension is just sitting there and going grey on every website I go to. Now it does say it lost connection between the extension and webroots servers.  My question is do I just wait, is something happening with that right now, when I reload chrome it keeps going grey after a few seconds on every page.
icon

Best answer by JP_ 24 August 2017, 00:12

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
I would just wait and then if nothing has moved after a few hours I would reboot and see if that clears the issue.

Baldrick
Userlevel 7
 Let us take care of that for you, @ !

I've created a ticket on your behalf with our Support Team. They'll look into this one for you!
Userlevel 6
Badge +16
Thanks so much, I did follow the ticket as it was doing the same thing almost a full day later, it didn't resolve the issue so i sent a message back.  I just want to give a heads up i uninstalled and reinstalled chrome removed all folders and registry keys after that for chrome and webroot keep freezing then.  I re-opened webroot a few times because it kept crashing, then went to the identity shield and removed the chrome entry, then just added it back manually, had to close and open chrome a few times, but the issue is now resolved.  Thank you so much for the ticket! That was what prompted me to re-install chrome as well, but I wanted to let you know it's resolved and thanks so much JP!!
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Thanks so much, I did follow the ticket as it was doing the same thing almost a full day later, it didn't resolve the issue so i sent a message back.  I just want to give a heads up i uninstalled and reinstalled chrome removed all folders and registry keys after that for chrome and webroot keep freezing then.  I re-opened webroot a few times because it kept crashing, then went to the identity shield and removed the chrome entry, then just added it back manually, had to close and open chrome a few times, but the issue is now resolved.  Thank you so much for the ticket! That was what prompted me to re-install chrome as well, but I wanted to let you know it's resolved and thanks so much JP!!
Aw, excellent!!!! I'm glad to know that in turn helped you in finding the resolution.

I guess two brains truly are better than one :robotvery-happy: