light bulb

Did You Know?

Frequent Voice

Webroot Filtering Extension

What is "Webroot Filtering Extension"?  I searched the Knowledge Base but received nothing.  Yesterday I was informed by a Windows message that the add-on 'Webroot Filtering Extension' was ready to download. Did I want to enable it.'  I did.  Since then, my Internet Explorer 11 has begun to slow down, crash, and perform some strange antics.  Enabling it and disabling it seems to correct those problems.  Yet I do not know what 'Webroot Filtering Extension' is doing in the background.  Do you?

Topics: 71
Kudos: 762
Ideas: 17
Solutions: 67

Re: Webroot Filtering Extension

[ Edited ]

This is the new Web Shield based on the BrightCloud technology and unfortunatelly even if the new build should have solved this issue probably it is not yet perfectly compatible with IE11. Some users are more and some less lucky. As a workaround you can disable this addon until the final fix is released. Don't worry, other WSA modules fully protect your PC.

Sr. Expert Advisor

Frequent Voice

Thanks, Pegas.  Yep, I've disabled it already and IE 11 is back to its miserable-self... But, at least that's not as bad as Webroot Filtering Extension had slammed it.  Just before disabling..., Windows pleaded with me to do that, as the extension was slowing down my computer to more than 0.22 seconds per page-downloading.  Geez, that doesn't seem like much...but it was. :smileysad:

Topics: 71
Kudos: 762
Ideas: 17
Solutions: 67

You're welcome. Yeah, it is likely more complex issue than originally thought, you can search this forum for IE11 and you will see that you're not alone having such a sort of issue. Nevertheless Webroot folks are on trace of the problem to address it completely as soonest.

Sr. Expert Advisor