Webroot Password Manager Not Working

• 26 September 2018
  • 39 replies

Userlevel 1
Hello,
I'm trying to use my Webroot Password Manager which has worked well before.
But now when I try to access it, I'm getting an error that says:

Login Attempt Failed
reason = ajaxerror

It seems like a problem on the serverside. 

Does anybody know if this is a current known issue or if Webroot knows about this? 
Is this only happening to me? 

Thank you. 

39 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +63
@ wrote:
Hello,
I'm trying to use my Webroot Password Manager which has worked well before.
But now when I try to access it, I'm getting an error that says:

Login Attempt Failed
reason = ajaxerror

It seems like a problem on the serverside. 

Does anybody know if this is a current known issue or if Webroot knows about this? 
Is this only happening to me? 

Thank you. 
You can wait for a reply from @ or you can Submit a Support Ticket and they will help you sort this out. May I ask what Browser is having the issue?

Thanks,
Userlevel 1
I've tried Chrome, Windows Edge and Opera with the same problem. 

Thanks,
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
@ wrote:
I've tried Chrome, Windows Edge and Opera with the same problem. 

Thanks,
Okay then it's best to contact support directly with the link I posted above, also Edge is not supported at this time! Webroot is having issues with the Password Manager in Firefox 62: https://community.webroot.com/t5/Feature-Requests/Webroot-s-own-Password-Manager/idi-p/329779
Userlevel 2
Happenening to me also.  Unable to access passwords since 9/21.

Login attempt failed.
Reason = ajaxerror. 

Don't hold your breathe for support after you complete a ticket.  Last contact with them was 9/24 and since then radio silence.  Passwords still not responding. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +48
@ wrote:
Happenening to me also.  Unable to access passwords since 9/21.

Login attempt failed.
Reason = ajaxerror. 

Don't hold your breathe for support after you complete a ticket.  Last contact with them was 9/24 and since then radio silence.  Passwords still not responding. 
@, please PM me your Webroot associated email and I'll talk with Support. 

I have contacted the call center 3 times and direct messaged twice.  Per on of the call center manager this is a 3rd party app so noone knows the progress to resolution.  I'm disappointed that a currently unresolved, 6 day outage of a pivotal component of the product has occurred, and technical support has gone dark.  I feel betrayed by the company at this point. If this is only affecting only a small group of users then I don't know why they have no workarounds setup after 6 days to get us access to even a hard copy of our password list.
Userlevel 1
Exactly,
The reason i didnt pick another password manager was because i trusted webroot anti virus program and so trusted the pass manager. I didnt know it was running on a third party app. Anyways, yeah they need to fix this asap cuz its been pretty damaging for my daily work.
Userlevel 4
The ajaxerror is due to the button you have clicked cannot retrieve the object that was requested. Mumbo jumbo.

Please try ESR version of firefox.

Mozilla Firefox ESR

Firefox ESR is intended for system administrators who deploy and maintain the desktop environment in organizations such as schools, governments and businesses.
Userlevel 2
You are not going to like it but received this reply 9/26/18 22:21...

ello, 

Unfortunately we do not have an ETA as to when this issue will be resolved. We've run into this issue in the past and it generally resolves itself after 24-48 hours, so we recommend checking everyday, but there appears to be a bigger issue going on with the connections in the background. We're working as quickly as possible to investigate the cause and we'll provide an update once we have more information. 

Regards, 
Webroot Global Escalation Team
Userlevel 1
Got to be kidding!???  It's like they don't understand the levity of the situation.  What's the point of a password vault you cannot get into?  Just happend to me last night although different: first doesn't recoginize my email.  Geek Squad resolves that and then it doesn't like my password.  BTW this are the very same email and password that I can use to get onto their site.  Anyways, gets better, way better; tier 2 guy gets password working so now I can log into...  NOTHING!  It's crazy!!  And now we are supposed to wait without even knowing how long it will take?  I called them just a bit ago and basically got the same - wait for an unknown amount of time...  It's not right when it comes to something this important.  Makes me question if I have placed both my money and confidence in the wrong product.  Their promptness will answer that question...
Userlevel 1
It is wrong! Betrayed is the right word...  😕
Userlevel 1
They are nuts if that is there recomendation...  Frustrating!  😕
Userlevel 1
Maybe they need to pay for support so we can get what we paid for and trusted them with...
This issue has happened to me as well.  Really frustrating.  I spent the day uninstalling - reinstalling - looking for solutions to this problem - i sent in tickets but no response!  

I can log into my webroot account but i keep getting this message for password manager
on my laptop, desktop and phone just spins and spins and spins in a endless circle when i try to log in to passwords in app.

login attempt failed.
reason=ajaxerror

someone please HELP!

Userlevel 4
Try Firefox ESR

Mozilla Firefox ESR For Windows 64 bit.

Firefox ESR is intended for system administrators who deploy and maintain the desktop environment in organizations such as schools, governments and businesses.

Userlevel 1
Updated: Password Manager is now working fine for me again. 
I think the developers saw this post as well as my emails. 

Thanks everyone for all of the replies. 
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
thanks for the suggestion of Firefox ESR, i tried that and also tried downgrading to version FF 50, same result of  'an error occured while attempting to contact the server...' 
Hi BillR,

Welcome to the Webroot Community.

The Password Manager issue seems to be affecting different users in different ways.Webroot support is aware of the problem and is working towards a fix but would still like all users experiencing issues to please submit a support ticket so they can evaluate each case individually. ;)

Hope this info helps,
Userlevel 2
Today is October 21.  I first emailed support September 24th.  So this issue of on and of access to the password module  is now almost a month old.  How incompetent can they be?  I am now once again unable to access my passwords.  SAme error message as before...
Login Attempt Failed
reason = ajaxerror

I have sent yet another email to support (I thinki this is the 5th time this has happened?).   Time for a new security and password program.  Anyone have any recommendations on a replacement?
Userlevel 4
Badge +7
Webroot uses a customized version of LastPass password manager.

I use the free version of LastPass and Webroot Antivirus. LastPass has worked flawlessly for several years now. I love it!

Be adviced that if you use Webroot Plus or Complete they will override the LastPass installation.. That's why I use LastPass with Webroot Antivirus which does not include a password manager.

Userlevel 2
Excellent.  I'll look it up.  Many thanks. 
@ wrote:
Webroot uses a customized version of LastPass password manager.

I use the free version of LastPass and Webroot Antivirus. LastPass has worked flawlessly for several years now. I love it!

Be adviced that if you use Webroot Plus or Complete they will override the LastPass installation.. That's why I use LastPass with Webroot Antivirus which does not include a password manager.
Hi DAF.

When I go over to the Reviews Page for the LastPass Firefox Browser Extension, I see people encountering similar problems over there as Webroot customers are over here. Maybe not everyone but a considerable number nonetheless.

Out of curiosity, do you use your LastPass Password Manager with Firefox?
Userlevel 4
Badge +7
@Muddy7

My browser is Firefox and yes I use the Firefox LastPass extension in 3 laptops. As I said before, I have never had a connectivity issue with the LastPass server in over 5 years.

Any software and service can occasionaly have a glitch, I am just offering an option for etuck57.

Thanks @ for the clarification. I had been concerned that the Firefox Lastpass Password Manager bugs were perhaps not limited to just Webroot's version. The negative comments in the official Firefox LastPass reviews page worried me (still do). Anyway, at least we know that this is not the case with any of your three devices. Hopefully the problems reported in those reviews are isolated
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:

I've been running LastPass on all 3 of my computers (1 Mac and 2 Win 7) now for about 2 years with WSA Complete without a problem. If your running WSA complete and want to use LastPass, just disable WSA's Password Manager. Please Note: When downloading and installing a New Password Manager to your computer and you have other Password Managers installed already, Please disable the Password Managers already installed before downloading and installing a new. After installing you can pick what Password Manager you want to use.