Webroot Scan Process

• 26 April 2015
  • 1 reply

When I run a scan, it is over in 19 seconds ! Is there not a deeper scan I can run with Webroot ?  Thanks

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Hi sbrantley

Welcome to the Community Forums.

This is a question that is often asked and in response I would advise that the Default Deep Scan is recommended as WSA's Realtime Shield is always looking for Malicious activity and no need to scan the whole system for files just sitting on your system if it becomes active then WSA will react to it.  The reason that the scan yo saw is so quick is because of this based on the philosophy that inactive malware is no threat.

To quote some of my learned colleagues: "The default scan is referred to as a deep scan," which checks your entire computer for rootkits, trojans and other threats. During the scan, SecureAnywhere searches all areas where potential threats can hide, including drives, files, and system memory. It looks for items that match our threat definitions, match descriptions in our community database, or exhibit suspicious behavior. If SecureAnywhere detects a threat, it moves the item to quarantine where it is rendered inoperable. In quarantine, it can no longer harm your system or steal personal data."

You can do other scans with the Right Click Context Menu "Scan with Webroot", and you can set up Custom Scans which include a FULL option, but again as detailed above it is not really needed (see here for details of setup): 

Hope that is of assistance?

Regards, Baldrick