light bulb

Did You Know?

Accepted Solution

Webroot Secure Anywhere and Free Download Manager

Hi,

How can I set webroot to start scanning downloaded file automatically in Free Download Manager (FDM)?

There is an option in FDM to set antivirus sotware to do this everytime a file is downloaded with FDM. But when I set the WRSA.exe (C:\Program Files\Webroot\WRSA.exe) in here, nothing happens.

Webroot Secure Anywhere 8.0.2.96

Free Download Manager 3.9.2.build 1289

What am I missing here?

Kudos: 4,619
Solutions: 296

Re: Webroot Secure Anywhere and Free Download Manager

Welcome to the Forums RootUser!

My own best guess is that there would need to be a 'switch' used at the end of the file path.  I am not a user of FDM, however, so I am not positive on this.  Hopefully someone with a bit more knowledge than myself can give a better answer.  I believe that the Webroot Mods have Saturdays off, so you might also want to Submit A Trouble Ticket

I am looking to see if I can find a list of such available 'switches', but I have not been able to locate it as this time.  (I am still pretty new around here myself)

David, (shorTcircuiT)

New to the Community? Register now and start posting!

Helpful Webroot Links:

Download (PC)   Download (Best Buy Subscription)   Submit Trouble Ticket   Account Console   User Guides   

"If you don't learn something new every day, you need to pay more attention. I often get my daily learning here so grab a chair and stay a while!"

WSA-Complete (Beta PC), WSA Mobile (Android), WSA Business Mobile (Android) WSA-Endpoint (PC- Some of the time.....)

Thank David. I agree with you. I will try to find a solution and share it here if I find it.
Topics: 71
Kudos: 766
Ideas: 17
Solutions: 67

Great question rootuser Smiley Happy

I am curious to learn if this is possible. Keep us informed and welcome to the Webroot Community.

Sr. Expert Advisor

Topics: 48
Kudos: 1,333
Ideas: 5
Solutions: 44

Hello rootuser, Welcome to the Webroot Community Forum. Smiley Happy

Expert Advisor

WEBROOT SecureAnywhere™ Internet Security Complete. BetaTester.

No Wait For Security Updates ~ It's Done In The "Cloud"

Topics: 638
Kudos: 8,017
Solutions: 615

[ Edited ]

Hello rootuser and Welcome to the Webroot Community Forums.

WSA always looks at the files being downloaded when it is written to the disk and if it's a zip file it will not be scanned as it can't do any harm but will be checked once extracted. If the zip file is not encrypted you can Right Click on the file a click "Scan with Webroot" from the context menu to force WSA to scan the archive.

HTH,

TH

coollogo_com-133794099.gif

asapvip.png  SigSVIP.png EPA.png

Webroot® SecureAnywhere™ Internet Security Complete Beta Tester v8.0.9.61 on my main system Alienware 17R2, Windows 8.1 Pro x64 & HTC One M8 Android Lollipop 5.0.1 Phone v3.6.0.6675.

MVP.gif.png Microsoft® MVP Consumer Security  

Twitter1.png  Untitled-1.png  WBA.png

I have found a couple of the 'switches', but I do not think I have the right one for you.  NOTE: be VERY CAREFULL playing around with command switches: remember that Webroot has a Permanent Erase function.  Accidentally switching that on will probably end up with results that are not desireable.  Smiley Wink

This line will load Webroot's background processes if stopped for both the current user and the 'system user', and show the main panel of the user interface.  If Webroot's background processes are already running, it will simply show the main panel of the user interface.

"C:\Program Files\Webroot\WRSA.exe" -showgui

This line will load Webroot's background processes if stopped, but only under the current user (twice): it does not load the 'system user' background process, and it will not show the main panel of the user interface.

"C:\Program Files\Webroot\WRSA.exe" -service

Perhaps someone else knows what other switches are available and can help further.

David, (shorTcircuiT)

Helpful Webroot Links:

Download (PC)   Download (Best Buy Subscription)   Submit Trouble Ticket   Account Console   User Guides   

"If you don't learn something new every day, you need to pay more attention. I often get my daily learning here so grab a chair and stay a while!"

WSA-Complete (Beta PC), WSA Mobile (Android), WSA Business Mobile (Android) WSA-Endpoint (PC- Some of the time.....)

With my previous reply, I am assuming that there is a swtich that will trigger the behavior of the Right Click "Scan with Webroot",. and that using it in FDM antivirus path would accomplish what rootuser is looking for.

David, (shorTcircuiT)

Helpful Webroot Links:

Thanks everyone.

Hi David,

Thank you for your effort. I have tried to put those switch in FDM but it accepts none. The reason I have made this query is with other antivirus/antimalware program (names withheld) FDM starts it without any switch by simply firing up the exe file of the antivirus that I point it to. I wish I could automate that process instead of forcing WRSA to manually check every file FDM downloads.

rootuser wrote:
Thanks everyone.

Hi David,

Thank you for your effort. I have tried to put those switch in FDM but it accepts none. The reason I have made this query is with other antivirus/antimalware program (names withheld) FDM starts it without any switch by simply firing up the exe file of the antivirus that I point it to. I wish I could automate that process instead of forcing WRSA to manually check every file FDM downloads.

Well, rats! LOL.  I have a feeling that it would require a switch used for FDM to call up Webroot and not only scan the file in question, but see the user interface of the result.  I could well be wrong.

I am sorry it didn't work, but I did have fun trying and I learned a bit at the same time!

David, (shorTcircuiT)

Helpful Webroot Links: