Webroot SecureAnywhere AntiVirus for Mac El Captain

• 18 June 2016
  • 1 reply

Badge +2
Hi Team,

I had purchased Webroot Antivirus yesterday.  I have a Mac which is on El Captain and on the antivirus box, I noticed that El Captain is not listed.   I want to know whether I can go-ahead and install.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello narayanamurty,

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

Yes you certainly can install Webroot on your Mac, El Capitan. I am running Webroot on my system running El Capitan. Webroot is completely compatible.

You can install by following below:

You can install SecureAnywhere on Mac OS X 10.7 and above. An Internet connection is required to install the software.

To install the software:

1. Click here to download the SecureAnywhere  installer to your Mac. Or Click here if you have the Best Buy Geek Squad Subscription service.
  2. Double-click wsamac.dmg to open the installer.
  3. Drag the Webroot SecureAnywhere icon into the Applications folder. [img]https://uploads-us-west-2.insided.com/webroot-en/attachment/20009i5A795A42A96979B5.png[/img]  
  4. In the first activation window, enter your keycode and click Activate. Your keycode is the 20-character license that identifies your account. If you purchased the product online, the keycode is provided in an email from Webroot. If you purchased the product in a store, the keycode is provided in the retail box. In addition, the keycode identifies whether you purchased a multi-user license, which allows you to install SecureAnywhere on up to three or five Macs.