Webroot SecureAnywhere causing BSOD / Bad_Pool_Header Error

• 27 February 2017
  • 2 replies

I've been using WSA for a long time and have nothing but good things to say about it.  Until very recently.  I have been experiencing BSOD's on two different machines that the dump files say WSA is responsible for.  

The machines are completely different, in fact the only they have in common is WSA.  One is an AMD A10-6800k w/ Win10 Home, the other is an Intel 4790k running Win10 Pro.    Both report the same error and both started within a week of each other.  It took a clean install of the OS to fix the issue, and have since not re-installed WSA on either machine.  There have been no more BSOD's since.

Any ideas?  I don't want to look at using another AV software since WSA has been so good for so long, but I'm running out of options.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello M4GHOST45,

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

My best advise would be to Submit a Suoport Ticket and let support investigate this issue. They will gladly clear this up for you. This is a free serviice  with a active subscription.
Userlevel 6
 hi @ the bsod that you are currently facing can be caused by leftover drivers / startup items from a previously used / not correct uninstalled anti malware / av solution that conflicts with wsa drivers. just follow @ advice and things will work out eventualy :)