Webroot SecureAnywhere- lost my keycode

• 3 April 2017
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1
A friend bought SecureAnywhere Anitvirus at BestBuy at Christmas. He kept the CD and the box, but apparently not the keycode information and now was have to do a re-installation.

There is no keycode info on the box or the CD sleeve.

I do not think he setup an online account (we tried that route, including the "I forgot  my passwaord" path and never receive a passowrd reset e-mail (so I guessing he never setup and account).

I do not think this is a BestBuy subscription (although I am not 100% sure).

What are possible paths forward? Should I ask him to dig up his sales receipt and call Webroot?

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi rbond99

Welcome to the Community Forums.

From what you are saying about there being no keycode info on the box or the CD sleeve I believe that this is indeed the Webroot version rather than the Best Buy one (If there is a Best Buy Serial Number in the lower left corner, it is a Best Buy version.  Also, if on the front of the packaging it says anything about Install Immediately, Activated at Register, or something like that it will be a Best Buy Sub).

Please take a look at THIS support page for a number of options re. retrieving/getting hold of the key code. I would suggest that either the "My keycode ripped when I was peeling off the label. How can I get my full keycode?" or "How do I request my keycode or installation instructions?" best fit the circumstances...but take a look at all of the options.

Hope that helps?

Regards, Baldrick
Hi rbond99,

Welcome to the Community, ;)

I believe there may be an issue with the link Baldrick provided. Please see here.

https://www.webroot.com/us/en/redownloads?lang=en

Thanks,

BD

Userlevel 1
Thanks for that working link.

Sadly it appears my friend never registered with Webroot, and to make matters worse he does not have his sales receipt.

Seems like a learning opportunity. :-)

--Rob
Userlevel 7
Apologies, I have correct the link in my original post (Thanks, BD) so please take a look and the link again as it provides a number of options (other than the redownload option) which you should review.

Regards, Baldrick

Userlevel 7
Greetings @,

All subscriptions purchased from a Best Buy are considered a Best Buy subscription. I recommend contacting Best Buy directly, as they will be your best bet for acquiring your keycode:
Best Buy Enterprise Customer Care: 1-800-433-5778

Cheers,
Userlevel 1
Thanks, but I do not think it was a Best Buy subscription.
Userlevel 7
In that case, he must have not purchased the license at Best Buy and is unfortunately out of luck in this scenario.
Userlevel 7
JP, if memory serves (based on conversations with another member @) Best Buys sells both their 'own version' of WSA as well as the Webroot or standard version.

So I believe it is possible that the OP did purchase the standard versions especially given that he is saying that there is no serial no. on the packaging (if you look at my first post you will see I describe what I understand to be printed on the Best Buy 'own version' packaging).

Of course, I may be incorrect re. this assertion but it may be worth checking this out.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 1
You are correct in that not all Webroot versions solde at BestBuy are BestBuy subscriptions.

--Rob