Solved

Webroot Webfilter claims Sysnative website is Suspicious

• 16 June 2018
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello Webrooters

I had to submit a request for reputation change for this website with https://www.brightcloud.com/tools/url-ip-lookup.php# which I have been on for 2 years about. Strange that I have not noticed this before  that the Webfilter turned yellow.:@

icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 18 June 2018, 04:53

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
I guess BrightCloud Threat Intelligence will not change the warning on this website. :@

"Hello again -
We have reviewed sysnative.com and determined that it does not need to be changed at this time based on BrightCloud’s classification criteria.
It is currently classified as Computer and Internet Info in the BrightCloud Service and available in Database version 5.588.
You can read our Database Change FAQs for more information on the most common reasons why your suggestion may not have been implemented.
Thanks again for your suggestion!"
- Webroot BrightCloud Threat Intelligence Support
Questions? Suggestions? Need help? Contact us at: dbchange@brightcloud.com

I posted these two posts on the Sysnative Forum and I was given reasons why this could be happening.
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
I will put in a request as that's one of my favorite site's to send Windows Users to get awesome help as there are all mostly Microsoft MVP's!!!!!
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
I will put in a request as that's one of my favorite site's to send Windows Users to get awesome help as there are all mostly Microsoft MVP's!!!!!
Here is what one of the Administrator replied back to me.

Thanks for reporting this.

We've had issues with false positives before. We have a lot of apps stored on the server which were made many years ago in batch and converted using a basic batch-to-exe converter. These converters produce files with a very similar style to some malware and can be wrongly detected as malware. Whilst many apps have been converted to exe using a newer, in-house C++ converter, some old apps remain on the server. We address these apps if and when they're flagged.

What I suspect happened here is that a) someone downloaded one of the old batch apps that Webroot detected as a virus or b) some automated scanner found the app and marked it as malware in their database and Webroot is using that data.

-Stephen
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
I just sent an email to @ so we will see what she has to say!
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
Awesome Daniel! Thank you big time..we will see..:D
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
Thank you @! That is so awesome! You did it!!! :D

Userlevel 7
Badge +63
Yeppers! Thanks to the BrightCloud team!

"Hello again -
We have reviewed sysnative.com and have updated the site to a reputation score of 81 per your suggestion. This change is now published in the BrightCloud Service and is available in Database version 5.590.
Thanks again for your suggestion!
- Webroot BrightCloud Threat Intelligence Support
Questions? Suggestions? Need help? Contact us at: dbchange@brightcloud.com"