Webroot and McAfee Pre-loaded on new Computer

• 30 March 2016
  • 4 replies

Hi all. I'm new to the forum and this is my first post.
My question is: If I recently bought an ASUS all-in-one computer that came preinstalled with McAfee internest security, but purchased webroot, should I leave both antivirus protections on the computer or is it a MUST that I remove McAfee? I just want to make sure I dont remove or delete anyting that came with the computer if its not necessary. Thanks in advance!

Jeremy

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi UT-Engineer

Welcome to the Community Forums.

This is an oft asked questions to which I always answer as follows.

This is no issue running both on your system; WSA is designed from the ground up to be compliant with other security apps and does so very well in practice.

WSA will protect far better than McAfee and if that is the case then why suffer the drag that McAfee places on your system?

But don't take my word for it; give each a try, i.e., turn each off in turn, and for a little while...see how you get on with each and then make your decision...which I bet will be...out with McAfee, Hello WSA! ;)

And to give you a 'helping hand' please see the diagram below to explain how WSA protection is innovative and second to none:

Regards, Baldrick
Thank you Baldrick for the quick reply. Sorry for the common question, but I greatly appreciate the response. Have a good day!
Userlevel 7
Hi UT-Engineer

You are most welcome...and by the way...here we never view any question as trivial or minor...apologies if my reply suggested that to you...that was not the intent...more the case that we find that a lot of our users start out in very much the same way and a great many of them eventually go the Webroot way.

But as I said in my reply...as WSA plays well with McAfee try them out together and also seperately and see which is the best for you and how you use your system.

And if you have any further questions please do not hesitate to post back...there always be a member or three around to assist.

You have a great day, too! :D

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +34
Hello UT-Engineer

I agree completely with Baldrick's advice and would just point out that McAfee will likely be a trial version, probably for 30 days, after which you will have to purchase if you wish to keep it.

Personally I would install McAfee asap but that might just be me!

Nemo