Webroot does not allow me to download adobe flashplayer

• 28 March 2015
  • 3 replies

I have a lenovo yoga2 and I've been trying to download adobe flash player.  The webroot antivirus software is not allowing me to download the software.  How do I fix this?  thanks

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +52
Hello

Please be sure that you are downloading from the official site and not a third-party download site. 

Official download link:
Download Adobe Flash Player 17.0.0.134 (for Internet Explorer) 32/64-bit

Download Adobe Flash Player 17.0.0.134 (for all other browsers) 32/64-bit

Click here to check your version and Here to Download and here is an Alternate Download make sure you uncheck any unwanted add-ons and download both the one for IE and the other for other Browsers such as Firefox, Safari, Opera plugins!

Release Notes
Userlevel 7
Hi mb1

Welcome to the Community Forums.

May I just check as to how you know that it is WSA that is causing the issue?  Are you downloading and finding that WSA quarantines the downloaded object?  And is it just in the case of Adobe or does it happen with other attempted downloads?

The reason that Petrovic is making the suggestion he is is that you may be running foul of what Webroot term PUAs or Potentially Unwanted Applicaitons which are sometimes bundled with the main download object/installer , and this is more prevalent when downloading from 3rd party sites.

To help avoid PUAs in the future, remember to read all of the information when installing or updating software (Adobe downloads often have those "extra special offers" attached).  In fact, often the PUA included will be mentioned, and you can opt out of installing it.  Those check boxes you see? Usually only one of them is for the User Agreement of the software you want, the others are for the junk you don't.  SO it pays to check carefully to make sure that you are only downloading what you expect/want.

Hope that clarifies some what?

Regards, Baldrick
Hi, thank you for your response.. Yes, it's Webroot that is identifying it as potentially harmful and blocking the download. I will try it again and try and be sits that it's from the official site..