Solved

Webroot installtion and conflict with existing security software

• 23 February 2015
  • 2 replies

What special steps do I need to take to install Webroot on a PC that is currently running Norton?  I'm concered about conflicts between the two until I remove Norton after the installation of Webroot.
icon

Best answer by Ssherjj 23 February 2015, 16:59

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello bigser,

Welcome to the Community Forim,

Please look here https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Complete/Incompatibility-Messages-Regarding-Webroot-from-Third-Party/ta-p/20338

Also look at this thread

If you have any issues uninstalling Norton then please get back to us!

Hope this helps!

Kind Regards,
Userlevel 7
Hi bigser,

Welcome to the Community!

@ wrote:
What special steps do I need to take to install Webroot on a PC that is currently running Norton?  I'm concered about conflicts between the two until I remove Norton after the installation of Webroot.
Well in general Webroot is compatible with the vast majority of other security solutions and should works properly alongside other antiviruses and even internet security packs.
You shouldn't be even asked to uninstall your existing software during Webroot installation.

I've been using WSA with many others AV/IS solutions some time ago, also with Norton, and didn't notice any bigger issues.
However, you should consider on whether it makes any sense to use two antiviruses simultaneously.
Of course you one can fortify the protection of system with multiplying programs running in real-time mode, one can also build it basing on the concepts of protection in the different layers and areas of security, but all what WSA offers to the users in my opinion, can be called "the comprehensive protection with the highest standard" :D
In any way I don't want to discriminate Symantec products, but as a user, I don't see their advantage over Webroot.
On the contrary, I think that WSA has much more advantages than Norton, among which we can distinguished some examples: the power of the protection afforded by cloud technology, which makes you're always up-to-date, instead of definitely obsolete, in the face of threats development dynamic, traditional methods based on collecting and downloading signatures, the lightness for hardware resources (CPU and RAM usage and the number of Read/Write with thec data),
the scanning speed of the whole system, browser protection and privacy of user data, and above all, a really great Technical Support.
Such is the Webroot, though with its benefits and advantage over the competitors much longer story could be spin ;)
Of course these are only my thoughts and the final choice is yours.

Please feel to ask if you have any further questions.

Best regards,

Mike