Solved

Webroot is allowing too much spam in. What to do??

• 27 October 2015
  • 5 replies

How do I stop excess spam from entering my email?
icon

Best answer by BurnDaddy 27 October 2015, 17:07

View original

5 replies

Hello ?

Welcome back to the Webroot Community.

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with spam.

Webroot does not have a spam filter. Spam is handled through your email client/website. If spam is getting through to your inbox, be sure to mark it as spam so it goes there in the future. If you're talking about too much spam in the spam folder, some email clients allow you to mark as spam AND unsubscribe to said spam. If your client does this I would use that. I would not recommend opening email in your spam folder at all (unless you recognize it as NOT spam). I would just delete the entire contents of the spam folder from time to time.

Hope this info helps,

BD
Userlevel 7
Hello there, welcome back1

Very sorry, ? beat me by... well, a lot LOL.  I forgot to check for replies before I submitted mine.  I was distracted several times during the writing of the below.. I will leave it up as it has additional information that will go with what BurnDaddy has said above.

While WSA is among the best AV/AM solutions, Webroot devotes it's time to maintaining the top quality of what they do best: AV/AM within a program that is as small and efficient as possible to keep scans accurate and fast.

WSA does not currently include a spam filter, but there are a number of options you can take.  Most email clients these days have spam filters built in.  I use Gmail and Yahoo both, and it is quite easy to mark a particular sender as a spammer, after which everything they send goes straight to the Spam folder. Here is a good reference regarding the built in spam protection within Gmail.

There are also 3rd party programs that you can use for this as well if your email solution does not have spam filtering built in, I know ? probably has some suggestions if you would like him to provide that via PM.  (I do not use a 3rd party spam filter, so I do not have the name/URL)

I hope this helps a bit, 
Userlevel 7
Hi David

Thanks for the consideration.

Hi cap1

I would be more than happy to oblige by PM if that would help...interestingly enough I have just changed my anti spam solution following some detailed research into options both freeware & paid.

If I might also add that rarely these days is spam handled via the mail client ; in my experience the anti spam (some times call junk filters in email client are usually not worth the title) and the same may well be true for a lot of web mail apps which are used via a browser. Certainly over here in the UK most ISPs try to handle the spam issue on their servers before the emails even reach the customer...with varying degrees of success.

Just my two pennies worth...for what they are worth...;)

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Thank you Sir ?!  If I may ask my friend, would you mind sending me (or maybe resending it) the information for the solution you are using now?

Thanks!
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
Thank you Sir @!  If I may ask my friend, would you mind sending me (or maybe resending it) the information for the solution you are using now?

Thanks!
@

I waas thinking the same thing. Would you also consider me too?:D