Solved

Webroot password for "Access Control" forgotten?

• 14 February 2014
  • 7 replies

I know my password for the webroot website and the "security code" that goes with it. I have no problem logging into that website or this website at all.

What I've forgotten is the password that's actually in the program, located under Advanced Settings > Access Control. It restricts making changes to the program and accessing potentially malicious websites.

I can't change anything without entering this password, and I've forgotten what it is. I have no idea how to change this, there doesn't seem to be a prompt anywhere that allows me to send an email or anything. The only things I am able to recover is the password and "security code" for the website.

Please help me?
icon

Best answer by akim 2 May 2017, 22:03

View original

7 replies

I've been told that the solution is to boot into Safe Mode and uninstall, reinstall?

That seems a tad unnecessary but I guess I'll try it if it's the only way.

The people behind Webroot really, really oughta look into making it possible to recover this password, or at least put in your OTHER password to get it removed or something. Gosh.
Hey Everyone,

I have the same problem. I set up a password for my access control tab, and then forgot it. Now I can't make changes in my WebRoot application window. What is the solution? How do I recover the password or change it?

Thank you!
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
Hey Everyone,

I have the same problem. I set up a password for my access control tab, and then forgot it. Now I can't make changes in my WebRoot application window. What is the solution? How do I recover the password or change it?

Thank you!
:D Welcome Crash to the WSA Community Forum! Is this what you are looking for?  Here:

If not please give us more detail and we will continue to help you or you can subit a Support Ticket which the link is at the bottom of my post.

Regards
Userlevel 7
Hi Crash

Welcome to the Community Forums.

You need to go to your Web Console, by clicking here, and then click on the 'Can't log in' link (see below):

Once on the next panel you have the choice to try to recover either your password or your Security question.

Hope that helps

Regards

Baldrick
Userlevel 6
Welcome to the community @ !

Were you able to retrieve your password following @ 's advise?

Please let us know and come back often! 

Should you need further assistance, we are here to help. Our terrific tech support is available and happy to assist as wel. You can open a support ticket and/or send them a message 24/7 here.

Browse around and enjoy the community!

Beth
call the place you got webroot , thay will be abale to help you out.

Userlevel 7
Badge +35
The best thing to do in this situation is to submit a support ticket, and our support team will be happy to assist you.