Webroot renew failed

• 25 April 2015
  • 2 replies

Yesterday I noticed that my Webroot was expired, so i clicked renew, pay for it, but still no renew at all. I bought my laptop at bestbuy NY by the way, and return to my country in South America, dont know if that has something to do with the problem. i would appreciate any help, best regards

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi bufalo83,

Welcome to the Webroot Community Forum,

Did you have a subscription from Best Buy? Did you renew through BestBuy?

If you renewed through Webroot then give it 24 hrs to process. Otherwise you can Contact Support or call Webroot at https://tel:18666124268

If you purchased renewal from Best Buy then it does not bill in "Real Time" when you enter your credit card data.  It will not bill you until the actual renewal due date.

IF you credit card does NOT bill tonight, and your software is not updated tomorrow, please call 1800_GEEK-SQUAD and ask them what is going on. 

One thing, I am sure you are worried about your protection with it showing expired now.  Dont be.  You have a 30 day grace period in which the software will still be fully functional even though it may show expired.  

Hope this helps,
Userlevel 7
Hi bufalo83

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Just to clarify a little further the good information provided by Sherry...as your version is the Best Buy version (it has expired, and you have paid for the renewal) then in our experience it can take 24-48 hours after the date of renewal for the subscription to click over and show...and this is entirely due to the time it takes from the information to get back to the Webroot back office, from the Best Buy back office, etc.

But do check that your payment has been cleared by your bank/credit card provider and then if it has and if nothing changes by the latest 48 hours after the payment cleared then contact The Geek Squad as advised by Sherry.

Please do come back and let us know whether this has been resolved or not.

Regards, Baldrick