What does file wrphreshphish do?

• 2 April 2015
  • 5 replies

When I start my Windows 98 computer I get an error message stating that WRSA.exe has a problem because file wrphreshphish.dll is missing. What does that mean?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +52
Hello

Please read:
webroot System Requirements
https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Antivirus/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-System-Requirements/ta-p/54084

Minimum system requirements
Windows Operating system:Webroot SecureAnywhere can be installed on a computer with one of the following operating systems:
  • Windows® 8 32-bit and 64-bit  
  • Windows 7 32-bit and 64-bit (all Editions), Windows 7 SP1 32-bit and 64-bit (all Editions)  
  • Windows Vista® 32-bit (all Editions), Windows Vista SP1, SP2 32-bit and 64-bit (all Editions)  
  • Windows XP 32-bit and 64-bit SP2, SP3

Upgrade your OS
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello and Welcome to the Webroot Community!

Sorry this is funny Windows 98 are you sure and got it to work? If so do a clean reinstall as that's part of the Web Filter to protect you from Phishing Web Sites! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phishing

Can you please do a clean reinstall of WSA and Please follow the steps closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example:SA69-AANA-A783-DE78-C584
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Subscription PC users click HERE)
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and don't import any settings if asked to as you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
Please let us know if that resolves your issue?

Thanks,

Daniel 😉
Is that the only way to fix the problem? If so, I would prefer buying another virus guard than to reboot my entire PC!
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
wrphreshphish does all the Web checking for Phishing sites so if it's missing then it's best to do a clean reinstall with a reboot in between it's the whole unload the driver and load the driver thingy when users are having issues. Personally I don't have that issue and it's the best advice to do so.

Thanks,

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 7
Hi xocheeta

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Uninstallation and reinstalaltion of WSA is very quick and simple...usually no more than 5 minutes for the both activities, and the rebooting mentioned is only what one does when one powers down and then powers up the system. I do that on a daily basis.

I do not understand your reticence re. rebooting? 

Regards, Baldrick