Solved

What is Best for me?

• 23 April 2014
  • 5 replies

I am a college student so I spend alot of time online. I downloaded the 6 month trial of webroot anywhere. 
1. Can I delete my Norton now?
2. What should I purchase in the future to protect my computer and internet sercurity?
3. Will I be okay for the next 6 months with just the trial?

Thank you 🙂
icon

Best answer by Petrovic 23 April 2014, 08:02

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +52
Hello HillHysteria and Welcome to the Webroot Community Forums!

1) 
The choice is yours. Webroot SecureAnywhere can either replace or work alongside your
existing antivirus software.
Webroot SecureAnywhere is fully compatible with other mainstream antivirus products and
will work alongside any existing antivirus software to detect and remove any threats it
misses, and to protect your financial and personal information.
You will not be asked to uninstall your existing antivirus when installing Webroot
SecureAnywhere.

What is the difference between my antivirus and Webroot SecureAnywhere?

-Detects, blocks and removes all infections including highly sophisticated 
banking malware from your PC in the fastest possible time. 

-Has an integrated Identity Shield feature that provides a secondary layer of 
defence against financial and information stealing malicious software. 

-Identity Shield assumes your PC may already be infected with sophisticated 
and hard to detect malware such as a banking Trojan and neutralises the 
threat by shutting off its data theft activities on your PC, thereby keeping your 
identity and online activities secure. 

-Doesn’t need virus definition updates, these go out of date within minutes. 
Instead it uses the Webroot Intelligence Network (the world’s largest threat 
intelligence database) to identify new files and classify threats in real time. 
In this way, it identifies brand new threats in seconds, rather than hours or 
days and significantly minimizes the risks posed by malware. 

-It is lightweight and uses the least PC resources of any antivirus. At less than 
1 megabyte in size, it’s tiny compared to conventional antivirus software that 
is on average around 500 megabytes! 

-It is extremely fast, according to independent tests it’s the world’s fastest 
antivirus. A normal deep scan takes 1-3 minutes depending on your 
machine and will not slow down your PC. 

-For the second year running Webroot SecureAnywhere was lauded as the 
most effective antivirus software at detecting and blocking new malware with 
a perfect score from PCMag . It also received the highly 
coveted PC Mag Editor’s Choice Award.

But I advise you to remove Norton
uninstall your Norton product

2) You can choose what features you need, and you choose the appropriate product
http://www.webroot.com/us/en/home/products/compare

3) Yes.

Thank you
Petr.
Deleted Norton! And thank you!
Userlevel 7
Badge +52

Please feel free to ask any further questions you might have.

Thank you
Petr.
Userlevel 7
https:///t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/22610Hi HillHysteria,

Welcome to the Webroot Community!! :D

Hope you stay with us for longer as a satisfied WSA User :D

Regards,

Mike
Userlevel 2
Hi bro sorry but  i have the bad habit to dont see the name of people or the nick name but i want to give you a kindly welcome and tell you something. When i came here (Less than 10  days) i dont belive too much on webroot i try too many combos and try to many was of solutions I am a pop up adict and webroot dont are too intrusive because that i dont think i will be protected, i try to cmbinate whith too many antivirus you can see my post and my obsesion whith the combos,  something fashionist as say some ne here some good friend. Ok  te point are i see webroot have an inteligent se of resources, can help you whith viruses, has an incredible  capacity of removal. The other day i download an a know malware file (Emulator of neo geo) webroot blocks inmediatly, you maybe see webroot dont blocks eicar its because a virus is only a file if it not are executed the file  i download try to autoexecute and weboot blocks and removal and never seen again . Before webroot i frequent some malicious sites whithout know because another solutions dont detect that and dont prevent me. Webroot monitors your system and changues have a behavior shield a real behavior  shield you can see when are monitoring and what actions perorm to save your computer i trust on webroot and i think are a good solution to you. You are student i am teacher and researcher, and i need something who dont eat my machine resources and webroot giveme protection and perfomance, sorry if i look as a fanatic but a testimonial of my conviction you can see all my long post