What is System Optimizer Pro and is it included with the Microsoft Windows 7 package? Should I load

• 11 November 2014
  • 3 replies

System Optimizing Pro  says it's updating but I'm not sure if this is a come-on.

dp

3 replies

Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
System Optimizing Pro  says it's updating but I'm not sure if this is a come-on.

dp

Hello!

No, you don't want that program! It claims to be a registry cleaner, but after it scans it will of course "find errors" and ask for around $50 to fix them. 

Go to your computers Control Panel, find Programs then Uninstall a Program, and find Optimizer Pro. Click to uninstall it. After it uninstalls, restart your computer.

Let us know if you have any other problems.
.System Optimizer Pro is designed to scan your PC from invalid registry and file system entries. This way, when your PC is trying to run it does not have to sift through so many entries and can get to what it is looking for more quickly.
Userlevel 7
Hi jenifferhomes

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Thank you for your contribution...however, I should advise that in the Community we advise extreme caution if and when a member decides to use one of the optimisation tools, as many are just 'snake oil' solution, others can also cause your system to not boot (the exact opposite of what they are supposed to be able to do), etc.

There are a small number that are known to be relatively safe/reliable but even those should be used (if indeed used at all) with caution, i.e., one should make a System Restore Point as a minimum and better still image one's disk prior to running them.

Regards, Baldrick