Solved

What is the "webroot Anywhere folder" for? I

• 3 August 2016
  • 5 replies

I don't know what the webroot anywhere folder is for under my C drive.  I have storage problems - right now it has all my Pictures folders that I have on my D drive under the folder.  With little green circles in front of them - what does this mean and can I delete them?  I need space on my drive so I can download updates.  Thanks
icon

Best answer by Baldrick 15 August 2016, 23:44

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi thepbb

Welcome to the Community Forums.

I believe that what yo uare describing is part of the Backup & Sync feature that is part of the Complete version. Is that the version that you are subscribed to? If that is the case then you must have turned that feature on.

If you do not use it or want to use it then you can turn off the use of the folder you mention by clicking on the gear/cog to the right of the Backup & Sync tab in the main app panel and then on the next panel displayed moving the 'Backup' slider from the 'On' to the 'Off' position. Doing that should turn the backup feature off & with it remove the Wberoot SecureAnywhere folder you mentioned.

Give that a try and post back to advise.

Regards, Baldrick
I did that thank you but the folder is still under my C drive. Can I move it now to my d drive without messing anything up? Thanks for your help - this all confuses me and I can't download updates because I have no room on C drive.
Userlevel 7
Hi thepbb

Hope that you are well?

I am surprised by what you say as I recently tried what I suggested and the Webroot Secure Anywhere folder 'idsappeared' from my system once I had turned off the Backup & the Sync options and then rebooted.

Did you try rebooting before you checked to see whether the folder had gone?

Unfortunately you cannot move the folder as it is effectively a Webroot 'system' folder and it's position is governed by the application. The best course of action would be to Open a Support Ticket, let the Support Team know of your 'predicament' and what you would like to do and see what they can suggest to help.

If you do then please post back with what they advise as that sort of feedback is very useful to us here in the Community re. assisting members in the future.

Regards, Baldrick
I don't no if you got the email. I rebooted and it's still there. I went into the webroot counsel and turned both things under back up and sync off. Is there somewhere else - when I go into it on line I still see the folders - am I suppose to delete them there? Thanks Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Hi thepbb

As I have said before the best course of action would be to Open a Support Ticket, let the Support Team know of your 'predicament' and what you would like to do and see what they can suggest to help.

The other course of action has also been suggested which is to uninstall/clean reinstall WSA and once reinstalled making sure that you do not switch on the Backup & Sync feature...but even on that basis I would still go the Support Ticket options.

Regards, Baldrick