What is this? [0406/145803:INFO:(0)]WebCore is now online. [0406/145803:INFO: (0)] Running Awesomium

Userlevel 2
What is this? [0406/145803:INFO:(0)]WebCore is now online. [0406/145803:INFO: (0)] Running Awesomium 1.7.5.1

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi indybas

I have been doing some research and it would seem that you should your Add/remove Programs Control Panel applet, look for any reference to 'Awesomium' and uninstall it. This would appear to be a tool used by many legitimate apps but if you have not specifically installed it then you can always remove it (create a Restore POint before you do...just to be on the safe side)

If you have anything related interferring with your browser(s) then restting it/them to defaults shoudl get rid of that.

GIve that a try in the off chance that it will help.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 2
Thanks you are the only one that has even been kind enough to answer. 
Userlevel 7
No worries, indybas

Do let us know if the advice given has helped you with the issue or not as if not we can look into some other possible solutions.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 2
I am still getting the notice in a NotePad on my desktop.  I think I did what you suggested--but not being totally computer knowledgeable, I am not sure.  I went to the add/remove/change section on Apps & Features.  I did not see anything that referenced Awesomium or WebCore.  I did not see a way to seach those words.  Any other sugguestions or instructions?  thanks again for your help.  
Userlevel 7
Hi indybas

OK, thanks for the feedback.

I think that we have explored all the non Support-related possibilities and given what you say about you not being totally computer knowledgable to go any further could result in further issues.

I would therefore recommend that you Open a Support Ticket; you can provide a linnk to this thread in your ticket so the Support Team can reference the discussions here, and then carry on to see if they can root out the cause of this particular issue for you.

When you open the ticket and they respond please do keep us posted as to what they suggest/find, etc...it is extremely helpful to us to get that sort of feedback.

Many thanks in anticipation.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 2
Thank you again for the advise, I will open a support ticket as you suggested.  I will post what I find out.
Userlevel 7
Great, thanks. Look forward to hearing back from you on this. ;)
Userlevel 2
I opened a support ticket and they suggested I reset my Google settings, which I have done.  I will let you all know if this works. 
Userlevel 7
Hi indybas

Thanks for the update. Fingers crossed that they have gotten you sorted out. ;)

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 2
Techincal support is suppose to do a remote check on my computer to see if they can fix the problem.  Scheduled for one day this week.  Will advise what happens

Userlevel 7
Hi indybas

Thanks for the update...much appreciated. 

I look forward to hearing about what they find/how they belive it can/should be resolved.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 2
WebRoot support fixed my problem, but I truly still do not know what it was, but I think it is fixed.  Thanks for all the help

Userlevel 7
Hi indybas

Hope that you are well?

Glad to hear that the Support Team havce done the business (as they always seem to manage to...;)) and that you are sorted.

Thanks for letting us know.

Regards, Baldrick