Whitelisting Telegram Desktop

• 11 September 2015
  • 11 replies

Userlevel 1
Any chance to whitelist Telegram Desktop? After each update, I manually have to change the check from <<deny>> to <<allow>> in the identiy protection. This becomes very disturbing because copy and paste is disabled. 

At https://desktop.telegram.org you can download the software. Bottom of page they also offer a developer version. 

Thanks a lot! 

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi robertredford

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Your best bet is to Open a Support Ticket, to let the Support Desk know of your requirement. No need to provide any details other than the name of the file; the opening of the Support Ticket automatically uploads the Scan & Threat Logs for yur system and so they should have all the informaiton required to action the whitelisting assumingt hey find nothin nefarious withthe file in questions.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 1
Wow you guys make it very complicated :(

I need to register for an account just to let you guys know that you have an issue in your app? Maybe you could change that in the future :)

Why do other AV companies make it so much easier for customers, e.g. by offering a form on the website to upload the file or FTP access to upload it.

Anyway, thanks a lot for the quick reply. Very appreciated.
Userlevel 7
While I am not an employee of Webroot, just a user like you who enjoys volunteering, I do apologize that it seems complicated.  There are multiple avenues of support for Webroot, the Community is only one.  The Community is to not just get Support, but also to just chat among ourselves, help each other, learn, etc.

Within WSA there are links to both the Community here, but also directly to the Support page as well.  

There is also a phone number too LOL.

I guess with multiple avenues it can create some confusion as to which method is the best, but if you ever have a question we are quite happy to help you here, even if it is merely to help you decide which avenue of help would be best 🙂
Userlevel 7
Hi robertredford

I do not think that you need to register for an account if yo are a WSA user as that has happened automatically when you purchase the subscrption...if you are not the subcriber to WSA then get the subscriber to open the Support Ticket using the link provided.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
@ wrote:
Why do other AV companies make it so much easier for customers, e.g. by offering a form on the website to upload the file or FTP access to upload it.

There is a file submission feature in the software, which may sometimes help: http://live.webrootanywhere.com/content/714/Submitting-Files-to-Webroot-for-Analysis  

Just in case you hadn't seen it. 

Userlevel 7
Hi Dermot

I think that feature really is for those files that one feels may be infected and therefore need to be checked for that rather than as a means of getting them whitelisted...but then again as a result of getting them checked for infection Webroot may whitelist them as a matter of course.

Would be interesting to know if that is the case.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
@ wrote:
Hi Dermot

I think that feature really is for those files that one feels may be infected and therefore need to be checked for that rather than as a means of getting them whitelisted...but then again as a result of getting them checked for infection Webroot may whitelist them as a matter of course.

Would be interesting to know if that is the case.

Regards, Baldrick
I'm not sure Baldrick, and the question you pose is something I've wondered about. 
Userlevel 1
Thanks all for your replies.

Yes, I saw the link but it only allows files up to 10 MB :(

File size is too big (maximum limit of 10MB) 

I have to appologize, the https://www.webrootanywhere.com/servicewelcome.asp link "only" asks for my mail address. After entering it, I can write a text message to the support. Will let you know how it ends. 
Userlevel 7
Hi robertredford

Thanks for the feedback. And no need to apologise...it can be confusing when dealing with a new 'supplier' and the way their systems work/what one has to do to report issues. The main thing is that you have managed to open the ticket and hopefully someone from Support will get back to you about this shortly.

Do keep us posted on progress and if you run into any further issues or have further questions you know where we are...just ask. :D

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 1
Finally got a (standard) reply:

In order to better understand what is occurring, we would like to gather more information with our specialized log gathering utility, wsalogs, which will greatly expedite the diagnosis and repair of the problem. Once you have completed the following instructions, please let us know that the logs are available to review.

Below are the steps to gather this data&colon;

1. Download Webroot's log-gathering utility from the following link:

http://download.webroot.com/wsalogs.exe

2. Save the file to your Desktop (or the preferred Download folder of your web browser).

3. Once it has finished downloading, double-click the wsalogs.exe file on your Desktop to run it.

4. In the box labeled "Email:", enter the same email address you used for this support site.

5. Click the "Go!" button to begin the log gathering process.

Expect the utility to take between 1 to 10 minutes to gather the necessary information. The run time depends on various factors on your computer, including the size of the Webroot software logs and the compression speed of the computer. This utility is designed to gather extended logs from the Webroot software and basic system information.

In other words... "Go download an extra app and do our job".

Bravo. 

Won't extend my subscription for sure. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Our support folks are just trying to get all the info they can to troubleshoot this as quickly as possible for you. Rather than have you call in and sit on the phone while we get logs, you can send them to us and not have to wait while they dig into them.