Why is Webroot asking me to pay more for my renewed subscription than I paid for in the first place?

• 8 August 2015
  • 4 replies

I paid $20.00 for my Web Root CD when I installed it the first time now it is time to renew and they want more to renew than what I paid for it in the first place. What is the deal?

4 replies

I need to renew my subscription but it is quite costly than it was for me to purchase it the first time - what is the deal with this?

(merged duplicate posts)
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello ?,

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

We get this question alot and I haven't got an answer for this.

Probably the best pricing right now might be on NewEgg , you can buy a new keycode rather than renewing your existing one. There are some folks here working on making this all more sensible according to ? who is our Community Administrator.

But you can also call Webroot and ask for a better deal!

US and Canada
Purchases & Renewals1-866-612-4268

Or look here and call the closes one to you: http://www.webroot.com/us/en/company/contact-us

I would like you to know that you are protected with Webroot for 30 days after your expiration date so that you can easily renew in times such as these.

One thing you need to know is that you may need toSubmit a Support Ticket and get the new keycode added to your current one  to transfer Password Manager so you won't loose your current PW's.If you have this Webroot version.

Hope this clarifies things for you,

Best Regards,

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Sorry about that - we often have teaser rates to get people on board.  If you're price sensitive you can find a good deal on Newegg and then switch to a new keycode rather than renewing the existing one.  You can add that keycode to your console so that you don't have to start over from scratch.

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Thank you ? for your assistance.:D