Did You Know?

New Voice
gsmlord
Accepted Solution

Will my 2013 keycode work with any 2014 product?

I have a keycode for Webroot Internet Security Essentials 2013, can anyone confirm if the keycode is compatible with any 2014 product? 

Please use plain text.
Baldrick
Topics: 97
Kudos: 1,098
Ideas: 8
Solutions: 86

Re: Will my 2013 keycode work with any 2014 product?

[ Edited ]

Hi gsmlord

The simple answer is 'Yes', as long as it is current, i.e., you have days of your subscription showing as still left.  You should just be able to enter the keycode and click 'Activate'.  If you run into any issues just open a Support Ticket or post back here and someone should be able to sort it out for you.

And we in the Community are here to assist fellow users should you experience any others issues with WSA.

Enjoy :smileyvery-happy:

Baldrick

Expert Advisor

Webroot SecureAnywhere Complete 2014 Beta Tester v8.0.4.70...+ VoodooShield v1.30....working together as the NEW perfect combination!
Please use plain text.
explanoit
Topics: 58
Kudos: 489
Ideas: 50
Solutions: 35

[ Edited ]

Fun fact: Key codes from Webroot's previous product line, SpySweeper, still work on Webroot SecureAnywhere. If you can find a copy in a sealed box, just take that keycode and put it into the WSA installer you should get a 1 year license. I'm not sure how many years back it will work. You still have to pay the full renewal fee in a year.

The antivirus industry is doing away with boxed version years. As long as you have a valid license code, you will always get the latest version of the program. Consumers no longer pay for the program itself, they are only paying for the virus definition subscription. The program itself is thrown in for free basically.

Of course, vendors will still do yearly product refreshes and they will continue to be reviewed on a yearly basis based on that. But it doesn't matter to a consumer.

----------------------------------------
Business Products Sr. Community Leader and Expert Advisor - WSA-Enterprise and WSAWSS administrator of 1400+ computers
First company to 1000+ WSA endpoints | Power User / Business Ambassador / WSA-C and WSA-E Beta tester
Community LeaderCommunity Leader
Find me on Twitter!

Please use plain text.
New Voice
RRod

[ Edited ]

Reeeeejected! ........... Just like the attractive lady I approached last Friday night at a party .... probably a bit too much gray hair on my head .... but at least it's still all there ;-(

Anyway, I had a never-used retail boxed Webroot SpySweeper still sealed and shrinked wrapped from 2005 or 2006 sitting in my storage room, so I tried it to renew my soon to expire 1-PC 1-Yr Subscription for WSA out of curiosity.

My old but never used SpySweeper keycode was rejected after entering it several ways (all Caps, all lower case, with dashes, without dashes, etc) .... BTW, the old SpySweeper key I was trying was all letters (no numbers).

This makes me wonder how many years a current "unused" WSA 2014 keycode will last before it goes stale if purchased directly from Webroot's website?

RRod

Please use plain text.
explanoit

Thanks for the info RRod!

What happens if you try to activate it on a computer without WSA? I don't know if they allow you to use them to extend your licence.

Business Products Sr. Community Leader and Expert Advisor - WSA-Enterprise and WSAWSS administrator of 1400+ computers
First company to 1000+ WSA endpoints | Power User / Business Ambassador / WSA-C and WSA-E Beta tester
Find me on Twitter!

Please use plain text.
New Voice
RRod

explanoit wrote:

Thanks for the info RRod!

What happens if you try to activate it on a computer without WSA? I don't know if they allow you to use them to extend your licence.

I'll be setting up a new laptop in a few weeks with a clean install of Win7 Pro and will give it a shot ..... stay tuned.

RRod

Please use plain text.
DavidP1970
Kudos: 1,600
Solutions: 190

The 2013 and 2014 versions require the new alpha-numeric key codes.  I know that the older and active Best Buy subsriptions with the numerical only key code had  new alpha-numeric key codes issued well in advance of the 2013 version release.  I do NOT know if you would be able to have an alpha-numeric key code issued for that unused old copy though.

New to the Community? Register now and start posting!

Helpful Webroot Links:

Download (PC)   Download (Best Buy Subscription)   Submit Trouble Ticket   Account Console   User Guides   

"If you don't learn something new every day, you need to pay more attention. I often get my daily learning here so grab a chair and stay a while!"
WSA-Complete (Beta Tester), Toshiba Satellite L305, Intel Pentium Dual CPU at 1.87 GHz, 3 GB RAM With Windows 7 (x86) (Yes its old.. but it still usually works! : )
Please use plain text.
explanoit

Thanks David. When I tested this it was using WSA 2013, who knows if they've kept the key upgrade logic in there...

Find me on Twitter!

Please use plain text.
DavidP1970
Kudos: 1,600
Solutions: 190

explanoit wrote:

Thanks David. When I tested this it was using WSA 2013, who knows if they've kept the key upgrade logic in there...

I have no idea about how to go about getting the alpha-numeric code for such an old unused one.  I am pretty sure that unused, but still usable, Best Buy key codes of older numeric only key codes did NOT have the new alpha-numeric key codes issued, but I am not postive on that.  This is something, as far as his key code goes, that Webroot will need to look into and answer.

Helpful Webroot Links:

Download (PC)   Download (Best Buy Subscription)   Submit Trouble Ticket   Account Console   User Guides   

"If you don't learn something new every day, you need to pay more attention. I often get my daily learning here so grab a chair and stay a while!"
WSA-Complete (Beta Tester), Toshiba Satellite L305, Intel Pentium Dual CPU at 1.87 GHz, 3 GB RAM With Windows 7 (x86) (Yes its old.. but it still usually works! : )
Please use plain text.
TripleHelix
Topics: 400
Kudos: 3,240
Ideas: 5
Solutions: 419

[ Edited ]

Actually Prevx was using Alpha Numeric keycodes and Webroot adopted it for the 2012 version and so on.

At least they don't have as many characters as Prevx did. 68E36B75-A07D-4955-ADC2-136FD0F44BB4

Daniel :smileywink:

coollogo_com-133794099.gif

asapvip.png   SigSVIP.png    Sr.Expert Advisor Jan 23 2014.png

Webroot® SecureAnywhere™ Internet Security Complete 2014 Beta Tester v8.0.4.70 on my main system Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit & on Win XP 32bit, Win Vista 32bit, Win 7 32bit, Win 8.1 Pro 32bit & 64bit all on VM's. 

MVP.gif.pngMicrosoft® MVP Consumer Security

Please use plain text.