Windows 10 64 bit - Scanning taking hours

• 25 April 2018
  • 4 replies

I have been using webroot for several years.  On a Windows 10 64 bit laptop the scans are taking 3+ hours.

I searched the blog and posts on this topics were 2015.   

I scanned the laptop this morning and it took nearly 4 hours.   A threat was found and removed, I was prompted to scan again.   I am into the 3rd hour.   I use this same software on a windows desktop and typical scans run 20 minutes.

Computer shows CPU at 9 to 15% while scan is running.  No software programs running either.
I saw on earlier posts that a 32 bit vs 64 bit should not be the issue, and there is no 64 bit software from Webroot to use anyway.

Suggestions/recommendations appreciated.  

Thank you.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello jduff,

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

Sorry to hear of this issue. It is not normal to take hours to re-scan even after a threat was found. I think it would be best Submit a Support Ticket or Call https://tel:18666124227 during business hours. This is a free charge with your Webroot Subscription.

Hope this helps?

I haven't purchased yet but if webroot is still using 32 bit software than that seals the deal for me. Defintiely won't purchase if that is the case. Can anyone confirm if this is true?
Thank you.   Will do.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
Thank you.   Will do.
You're most welcome! If you get a chance please let us know how things went with Support. I'm positive Webroot Support will fix your issues. 🙂