Solved

Windows 10 says Delete Webroot

Userlevel 1
I'm going to upgrade to the New Windows 10 when it is made available in a few weeks.
I will be able to download and install W10 online. I currenty run Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit.

But I get this warning that I will need to uninstall Webroot, first.
I purchased and downloaded my Webroot through amazon.com digital downloads.
Do I really need to completely uninstall Webroot before downloading and upgrading to W10?
...and will I be able to just go to my Amazon account and re-download/re-install my webroot?

Is there an easier way?

Here is the message from my Windows 10 advisor:

icon

Best answer by RetiredTripleHelix 3 June 2015, 19:49

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello jgard63,

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

Yes you will need to uninstall Webroot and it can be reinstalled again. I'm sure you can reinstall from Amazon. You could also contact Amazon  and confer with them. But you will have to uninstall Webroot completely.

When its goes gold we will have a client that is  fully supported.

Hope this helps,

Kind Regards,
I have the same problem but I had installed Webroot directly from the Webroot internet site.  Any words of wisdom on doing a reinstall after 10 is installed.

KenG
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
There are no issues on reinstalling WSA after Win 10 install as I have it running on 2 VM's and Webroot has 2 months to work on WSA for not the need to uninstall WSA when Win 10 comes out on July 29th 2015.

Thanks,

Daniel 😉
From what I have noticed this is NOT unique to Webroot. I tried this with several Antivirus suites (Eset Smart Security, Emsisoft Internet Security, Adaware Internet Security, just to name three) and each one gets flagged for uninstall before Windows 10 will continue. I think (although I have no firm proof of this) that Microsoft is insisting for the uninstall so that when Windows 10 is installed it also does a simple security configuration for both it's firewall and for Windows Defender. So after installing Windows 10 you install a 3rd party suite and the 3rd party suite can then disable the parts it needs to control.

Honestly I think this is actually a good thing. It helps prevent having two Antivirus's fighting each other for control. Now I realize that Webroot is not your normal Antivirus so it shouldn't have issues with Windows 10, but I can see Microsofts point in better safe then sorry approach. And just for giggles I tried to install with Panda Cloud installed and the exact same message popped up.

So I think I can feel safe in saying that this is gonna be happening to virtually everyone at one stage or another. As Daniel and Sherry stated it really isn't a big deal and it should be fairly simple uninstall and reinstall. This is something that just started to happen within the last two builds so many people are asking about this. They are also throwing out popups about Media Center now and won't even try to install unless it is uninstalled first.

Long story short, This means they are getting closer to launch and are starting to tidying up the loose ends. This is a good thing. I also suspect we will see several more builds before July 29th so be prepared for more fun on this update ride.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Here is another and even on there own Surface Tablets.

Daniel

And this one!

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Also if you happened to buy and install Windows Media Center for Win 8.1 very sad!

Daniel

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
That's what I just read while updating Windows 10 preview..reading how to reserve a spot. I can't get the reserve button to show up. Is that because I'm just running W/10 Preview and installed over Windows 7? Not sure..

Thanks Daniel for the news about W/10 🙂
Ive been requesting help with this for a long time. 

I had a subscription to ewbroot which expired in February. I chose not to continue as the cost was far to high.

I removed it using the control panel. When I upgraded to windows 10 I to got the message that webroot was not compatible and to delete it. 
WELL I can't, I wasn't even aware it was on my machine. I went looking and its there, when I try to remove it, I get the message my sub has expired. Well I know this. Now I want it off my machine its messing with my current AV product and needs to be gone.
I want am unistaller. Please, Ive asked and asked in messages and you keep saying you can't find my account info. Well OBVIOUSLY I had one, I sent the messages and OBVIOSULY I don't anymore because I chose not to renew with you.

Please help me get this garbage off my machine. Best buy will charge me and they are the jerks that recommended this.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Ive been requesting help with this for a long time. 

I had a subscription to ewbroot which expired in February. I chose not to continue as the cost was far to high.

I removed it using the control panel. When I upgraded to windows 10 I to got the message that webroot was not compatible and to delete it. 
WELL I can't, I wasn't even aware it was on my machine. I went looking and its there, when I try to remove it, I get the message my sub has expired. Well I know this. Now I want it off my machine its messing with my current AV product and needs to be gone.
I want am unistaller. Please, Ive asked and asked in messages and you keep saying you can't find my account info. Well OBVIOUSLY I had one, I sent the messages and OBVIOSULY I don't anymore because I chose not to renew with you.

Please help me get this garbage off my machine. Best buy will charge me and they are the jerks that recommended this.
Hello and Welcome to the Webroot Community!

Have you tried to install the latest version v9?

Standard Download Link PC:
http://anywhere.webrootcloudav.com/zerol/wsainstall.exe

Best Buy for Subscription Download Link:
http://anywhere.webrootcloudav.com/zerol/wsabbs2.exe

Version 9.0.0.64 (Released June 29th, 2015)
Implemented
  • Correct OS version reporting for Windows versions 8.1 and above.
  • Windows 10 compatibility.

See here on how to remove WSA: https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Antivirus/PC-Uninstallation-Option-Missing-from-Control-Panel/ta-p/34688

Thanks,

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello ?,

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

EDITED: Looks like  ?  has assisted here as well..;)

Please have a look here https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Antivirus/PC-Uninstallation-Option-Missing-from-Control-Panel/ta-p/34688
Userlevel 7
If I might add: You say that you cancelled back in February.  As you did not pay Best Buy for the renewal back in February, your subscription with them is 'dead'.  They will not charge you for it, even if the software remains on the computer.