Solved

Working on Computer with NO Internet Connections.

• 22 April 2015
  • 9 replies

I would like to work on my computer and be assured nothing is going to open up an internet connection while I am working.  Is there a Webroot setting that quarentines my computer and assures that something in the background is not connected to the Internet?
icon

Best answer by nic 22 April 2015, 23:12

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi eichpg,

Welcome to the Webroot Community Forum,

I'm not sure if you are asking if Webroot blocks your internet connection.  But Webroot does monitor and manage the Firewall with the Windows Firewall for inbound and outbound connections.

The SecureAnywhere firewall monitors data traffic traveling out of your computer ports. It looks for untrusted processes that try to connect to the Internet and steal your personal information. It works with the Windows firewall, which monitors data traffic coming into your computer. With both the SecureAnywhere and Windows firewall turned on, your data has complete inbound and outbound protection.

For more information please read the PC User Guide/

Hope this helps clarify things for you.

Kind Regards,
Prehaps I do not understand but I do not want to trust the firewall or protection while I am working on my computer and do not want ANY connection to the internet.  Is there a way, short of physically disconnecting my modem for Webroot to shut all internet connections down.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Webroot won't do this, but you can just disable your network connection in the settings of your computer if you want to shut off all Internet access for a period of time.
thanx.
Is it okay to plug in USB storage drive when I am using the laptop when I am away and there is no net connection.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello amjadakbar

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

I don't believe leaving in a USB will do any harm. especially if you are not connected to the internet.  Alot of users leave there USB plugged in to back up data or/and for storage purposes. USB's are a constant companion for personal needs. 

Hope this answers your question?
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Yes as WSA has both the USB Shield and Offline Shield: http://www.webroot.com/En_US/SecureAnywhere/PC/WSA_PC_Help.htm#C3_Shielding/CH3a_WhatShieldsDo.htm

• USB shield. Monitors an installed USB flash drive for threats, blocks and removes any threats that it finds.
  • Offline shield. Protects your system from threats while your computer is not connected to the Internet.

Thanks,

Daniel ;)

Thanks Sherry and Daniel

That eliminates my hesitation. Sometimes plugging USB drives are vulnerable to boot virus/malwares, if it was previously used in an infected PC/desktop.

USB Shield and Offline shield are extremely significant
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Your welcome ?!

Yes that's true! So make sure you scan with Webroot first for any infections. Right? 😉