Zeus Virus

Have received a lock down message that doesn't have the webroot logo on it :
alarm error g32bg16y.stream RDN/yahlover.worm!055BCCAC9FEC infection
Zeus virus detected Error virus Trojan Back door hijack #36583d7f8a4fa5
ip68.56.105.170 browser crome   1sp comcat Cable Communication
Do Not turn off your computer - call 1 888-694-2301

Have run a virus scan & no mention is made of this intrusion. All is clean says the scan. I have to run Ctrl Alt Del or shut down the computer to be able to continue. What's going on?

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Wellcome @, and welcome to the Webroot Community! Happy to have you here :cathappy:

This message could be caused by simply navigating to an unsafe website or by something on your Computer causing your Browser to redirect. You can learn more by reading here. 

I've created a case on your behalf with our Advanced Malware Removal Team so they can properly review your system. You'll hear from them shortly!
Recently, I was locked by the same message. Webroot did not find anything as well. However, I tried looking manually and what I managed to find was some malicious extensions added to my web browser behind my back. Most probably, I installed them together with drivers or smth like that.
I believe that the internet is full of such "legal" apps that can initiate malicious activities. A quick research says that it could be so called adware.