icon

Best answer by DanP 13 January 2016, 20:14

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi chad,

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

May I also ask as to why you ask?  Are you concerned that you may have been infecrted by this? If so you are entitled to Open a Support Ticket to let the Support Team know of your concerns and they should then be able to check this out for you and if malwasre is found then they can assist in removing it.  This is free servcie available to all WSA users with an activesubscription.

To do this security check just Submit a Support Ticket

Userlevel 7
Badge +35
Koobface is an old infection that was spreading through Facebook years ago that we do detect. All of the recent reports of koobface that I've seen have been related to tech support scams. If you received a phone call or pop up claiming that you are infected with koobface it is almost certainly a scam.

-Dan
Thanks, Dan, for your simple straight-forward answer. I was working with what I thought was Quicken online support and they told me they couldn't do anything as I was "infected" with koobface and webroot doesn't address that issue. So I paid (handsomely) for them to "remove" it so I could proceed with my Quicken file transfer...which ultimately failed. I was scammed.