Solved

essentials

• 20 October 2016
  • 1 reply

I am running windows essentials protection . can i run webroot at the same time or should i uninstall esentials. how do i go about uninstalling essentials?
icon

Best answer by BurnDaddy 20 October 2016, 18:52

View original

1 reply

Hi mko1

Welcome to the Webroot Community.

Windows essentials does not contain an AntiVirus program. It contains the following;

Edit: I'm sorry I think you mean Microsoft Security essentials for Windows 7. Which you can run with Webroot. If you'd like to uninstall Windows Security Essentials it can be accomplished in Control Panel/Programs. If you encounter problems uninstalling then please see HERE.

• Photo Gallery. Everything you need to organize, edit, and publish your photos.
  • Movie Maker. Tell your story in style. Make a polished movie from your photos and videos in just a few clicks.
  • Windows Live Writer. Create stunning blog posts in minutes, with photos, videos, maps, and more. Then publish them to any of your favorite blog service providers.
  • Windows Live Mail. Manage multiple email accounts, calendars, and your contacts, even when you're offline.
  • OneDrive. With OneDrive installed on all your computers, you can get to the latest version of your files wherever you are.
However, unlike other AV software, Webroot is designed to work woth other AV programs. May users here in the Community run Webroot alongside other AV programs, although, personally, Webroot is all you need, in my opinion.

That being said, Windows will disable Windows Defender (Microsoft's built-in AV program) in Windows when Webroot is installed. This is a limitation of Windows and not Webroot. I don't think there is way to run these two together. But other than Defender, Webroot will work fine with another AV program.

Hope this info helps,

BD