get rid of "Premier Opinion" application and "Clean My Mac" app?

• 28 April 2015
  • 2 replies

How do I get rid of "Premier Opinion" application and Clean My Mac. 

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello GenaB,

Welcome to the Webroot Community Forum,

From my research I have found this...

Premier Opinion hides behind screen savers. As the screen savers install, they download malware which opens ports and ships personal information out the back of the computers. The intent does appears to be neither stealing identities nor creating botnets, but, rather, to track web use and personal information for advertising purposes.

Here is information for uninstalling CleanMyMac2..is this the one you have?

The easiest way to completely uninstall CleanMyMac 2 is by using CleanMyMac 2 on itself.
To remove CleanMyMac 2 from your Mac:
  1. Open CleanMyMac 2.
  2. Proceed to the Uninstaller module.
  3. Find CleanMyMac 2 in the list of apps found by the module.
  4. Click Complete Removal in the Smart Selector panel to mark the application file and all it related items for removal.
  5. Click Uninstall.
  6. Confirm that you are going to remove the app in the newly appeared message.

Another way to remove CleanMyMac 2 is by simply dragging it to the Trash. However, by doing this, as with removing any other app, it will leave application leftovers on your Mac. It is recommended to use the Uninstaller module of CleanMyMac 2 for complete removal.
CleanMyMac 2 Uninstaller Module: Now my best advice is for you to submit a Support Ticket Free of charge with an active subscription and they will gladly resolve this for you. Let me ping @ who is the Mac Threat Researcher for the Macs.  Hope this helps! Please let us know if this gets resolved so that we can help others with the same or like issues. Thanks.  Kind Regards, 

Userlevel 7
Please send in a support ticket, if we are not getting rid of Premier Opinion by default then I would like to see why.  As for Clean My Mac, you can just drag the application from the Applications to the trash.  Clean my mac however is not malware.  Once you have submitted a ticket please mention in the ticket that Devin asked for them to send you the mac logs program so I can validate the malware.