how do i get rid of rockmelt from my computer

• 6 June 2015
  • 1 reply

help me   i cannot get rid of rockmelt from my laptop

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Hi kkraemerk

Welcome to the Community Forums.

As far as I am aware you get rid of Rockmelt through the normal channels of uninstalling it via the Add/Remove Programs control applet built into Windows.

It is is actually a legitimate Internet browser based on the Google Chrome Internet Browser but has been the subject of various virus hoax alerts, many being in response to Facebook users complaining they are being spammed with invites to download the software, whilst others are claiming it is a virus that is spreading across Facebook.

RockMelt has been designed to work with social networking websites, specifically Facebook (it has been dubbed by some as 'The Facebook browser' as using it increases functionality when using sites like Facebook.

So as far as I know/am aware there is nothing malcious about the software other than the possibly annoying invites.

What action have you tried in terms of removal?  As I said previously you should be able to uninstall RockMelt from your computer by using the Add/Remove Program feature in the Window's Control Panel, as follows:

1. On the Start menu (for Win 8, right-click the screen's bottom-left corner), click Control Panel, and then, under Programs, do one of the following:

• Vista / Win 7 / Win 8: Click Uninstall a Program.
  • Win XP: Click Add or Remove Programs.

1. When you find the program ‘RockMelt’, click it, and then do one of the following:

• Vista / Win 7 / Win 8: Click Uninstall.
  • Win XP: Click the Remove or Change/Remove tab (to the right of the program).

1. Follow the prompts. A progress bar shows you how long it will take to remove RockMelt.

Well, I hope that helps but if not please do come back here and let us know and we will see what more we can do to help.

Regards, Baldrick