Solved

how to convert .jpg to .pdf ?

• 23 March 2015
  • 5 replies

Badge +1
any suggestions on where I can find "safe" way to convert .jpg files to .pdf?  worried about downloading freeware.
icon

Best answer by Ssherjj 23 March 2015, 22:10

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello murraymg,

Welcome to the Community Forum,

Please have a look here

Hope this helps and if not please get back to us!

Kind Regards,
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
Hi murrymg and welcome to the Webroot Community,

As usual Sherry has given sound advice.

You will probably get many answers regarding this subject, because there are many apps, extensions. and plug-ins, to perform this task. I personally have several apps to convert to and from pdf format, some paid and some free.  I have used CutePDF Writer Free for many years and it has worked well for me.  I have never had any problems as long as I download it from the author's site to avoid PUAs.

Depending on what additional software you use there are several other choices.  For example, Microsoft Word can save to pdf after you paste in the.jpg.  

Lately since Whitehat Aviator is my browser of choice, I use the native "Save to PDF" option.  You can view files on your desktop by typing the full path to the.jpg file in the Aviator browser URL space. Use the following format (without the "") - "file:///C:/users/yourusername" and press enter.  This will bring up a direcory tree and you can navagate to the.jpg file to view. From there you can choose to print the file and select Save to PDF as the destination.  That is pretty simple and it works for me!

Good luck,
Dave
Badge +1
Hi Sherry,  Thanks for the advice.  Don't know if Nova PDF will work for me as I only want to convert .jpg to a pdf file, not to print it at this time. I am a novice here,  I will try it though.  Thanks for providing a "trusted source"
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello murraymg,

Maybe if you try @ advice in his post below mine?

Let us know how it goes okay? Hopefully both of our replys can help you?
Here's a code for you to convert.jpg to PDF:
// Used to register all DLL assemblies.WorkRegistry.Reset();// Load a.jpg image file.List<REImage> images = new List<REImage>();images.Add(new REImage(Program.RootPath + "\" + "1.jpg"));// Build a PDF document with.jpg image.PDFDocument doc = new PDFDocument(images.ToArray());// Save document to a file.String outputFilePath = Program.RootPath + "\output.pdf";doc.Save(outputFilePath);This only use for converting.jpg to PDF in C#. Hope it can help you.