how to fix wruninstall error due to missing MSVCR71.dll

• 13 December 2015
  • 4 replies

any help with this... don't know why this would launch at login or why it can't find the needed dll?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6
? what were you exactly trying to do calling wruninstall? What product are you running?
I just did an uninstall/ re-install and things went quite ok for me. While i wait for a bit more info from you maybe one of the more expert experts can join in the conversation. I'm sure there are people here who know the product more thoroughly then i do
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello ?

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

As ? asks..were you trying to uninstall Webroot? Please look here http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-windows_programs/program-cant-start-because-it-is-missing/ec731a44-5d84-4347-a401-a43a5db5237e

Maybe if you reinstall Webroot you can uninstall if that's what you were trying to do?

EDITED: I would do a clean reinstall: Uninstall WSA, using Add/Remove Programs, REBOOT, install WSA using a new version of the installer (Webroot version from here, or Best Buy version from here), REBOOT and then check for the issue.  .

If you still are having issues then you can Submt a Support Ticket free of charge with an active subscription and they can see if this is Webroot related.

I lucked into this. the MSVCR1.dll you are talking about is a shared file in your windows system. I downloaded Visipics one day and noticed that the warning went away. When you uninstall Visipics it asks you if you want to remove MSVCR71.dll as nothing else seems to be using it. You just answer no and continue with the uninstall. Visipics is uninstalled and the file you need to fix the problem is left behind. Problem solved. I believe that the shared file belongs to the Windows system WOW 32 64 . and was accidentily removed whne uninstalling another game or add on previously. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
Hello @
In order to fix the issue you may install the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package.
For 32bit: Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86)
For 64bit: Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x64)

The latest supported Visual C++ downloads