how to get rid of a page that says I have been hacked? I was trying to visit www.stiguns.com

• 18 August 2016
  • 2 replies

How to get rid of a page that appeared when I was trying to visit www.stiguns.com and it is preventing me to visit that site. The page says: you have been hacked and stars playing some rap music in what appears to be an arabic language. I cleaned the computer with Webroot, CCleaner and I deleted the History in Chrome, but the problem does not go away.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi brkly168

Welcome to the Community Forums.

The issue is most likely a scam sourced either by a browser-related popup or due to a Potential Unwanted Application (PUA) on your system. Having said that I have tried access the site and see exactly what you are describing but from what I can see the site is legit yet the screen is displayed.

My guess is that you have not been hacked as I have noticed no abnormal activity on my system as a result of going there, and that it is in fact the site itself that has been hacked & the page has been tampered with.

If you are concerned about your system you can certainly Open a Support Ticket to get the Support Tesm to check out your system...but personally I believe that it is just a scam that is try to lure visitors into clicking on the displayed links...SO DO NOT.

Hope that helps?

Regards, Baldrick

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Yes, I'm seeing the same, as Baldrick says looks like the site has been hacked.