is it necessary to be in my downloads listed 3 to 4 times can I delete all but one?

• 15 January 2017
  • 1 reply

Hello there,
I have noticed that there is 3 to 4 webroot in my down load area.  using about 980mg or gb whatever it is, is it necessary to have it in there that many times.  Can i delete the extras leaving me with only one of these as a download on my computer with out losing the service?

Please help with an answer.

Thank you,
Kind regards,
Racheal Brodoski

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Hi rachealbrodoski

Welcome to the Community Forums.

If you are referring to files that are of the format 'wrupdatennn' or a similar format (I cannot recall the exact format) then there are just update fiels that Webroot uses to push updates to users. They are uusually execute on downlaod and then deleted...all silently and therefore can be removed as if applied/run they have no further use.

I have to say though that these are not usually download to the user's downlaod area but rather the WRData folder (a hidden folder used by WSA).

If that is not what you are seeing then please post the names of the files you are referring and the name of the folder that they are appearing in so that we can investigate further.

Finally, at this point please run a manual update check (right click on the WSA notification tray icon and from the context menu displayed click on 'Check for updates') and see if there is an outstanding update. If there is accept its application and let us know what version of WSA you are running (hover your cursor over the WSA notificaiton tray icon to get a bubble displayed with the information).

Hope that helps?

Regards, Baldrick