Solved

keycode not working

• 7 March 2013
  • 8 replies

I bought the Webroot SecureAnywhere Antivirus awhile ago when I got my laptop, now I am trying to install it, but I keep getting the message "Enter a valid keycode. If you continue to recieve this message, contact webroot support." I'm not sure if I am putting it in correctly or what, but I definitely need assistance.
icon

Best answer by MikeR 7 March 2013, 00:20

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Hey mosk1109

Update 3/11/2013: this was a Best Buy keycode that started upon purchase. It is now expired.
Hi i bought webroot antivirus from gitex sale in UAE but the key is not working ...can i get the solution 
Userlevel 7
Can you please Send me a Private Message with the keycode in question?
Came across this thread and I am having the same issue. Girlfriend had the same product, purchased from Best Buy, that she wasnt using so she gave it to me. It has been a couple months since I got it from her and I am just now trying to install it and it is telling me the same thing, not sure how long she had it prior to giving it to me. I'm guessing the key code is expired. Anything that can be done about it? 
Badge +8
Hello dweeks82,

Welcome to the community,

I would guess that the subscription has expired. Since it was purchased at BestBuy, they have their own support. I cannot seem to locate any support information for BestBuy. 

However, you can purchase a new download from Webroot along with a new keycode and you will be on your way to superb antivirus proctection. Here is a link that I found on @ posts. It is deep discounted prices!! https://www.webroot.com/us/en/home

That should do the trick. Let us know if you require anything else. That is what we are here for.:D

Theresa
Userlevel 7
Hi dweeks82

Welcome to the Community Forums.

The Best Buy subscription is different to the standard Webroot in that whilst the Webroot one commences when you activate the product the Best Buy one starts counting down as soon as you purchase it...so the subscription (most likely only a 6 months one if it came with a hardware product) is most probably expired if you girlfriend bought it some 4 months before she gave it to you.

You could try renewing via Best Buy but if you do not want to/want to go for the Webroot standard version (for which there are many deals out there) then you will need to uninstall the Best Buy version as it is effectively a different product to the Webroot standard version of WRSA.

Hope that helps?

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Greetings @,

Unfortunately if the keycode is stating it's expired, there's not much you can do outside of purchasing a new license like the helpful posters above stated. Here's Best Buy's direct line if you'd like to reach them: 
Best Buy Enterprise Customer Care: 1-800-433-5778
Badge +8
@ wrote:
Hi dweeks82

Welcome to the Community Forums.

The Best Buy subscription is different to the standard Webroot in that whilst the Webroot one commences when you activate the product the Best Buy one starts counting down as soon as you purchase it...so the subscription (most likely only a 6 months one if it came with a hardware product) is most probably expired if you girlfriend bought it some 4 months before she gave it to you.

You could try renewing via Best Buy but if you do not want to/want to go for the Webroot standard version (for which there are many deals out there) then you will need to uninstall the Best Buy version as it is effectively a different product to the Webroot standard version of WRSA.

Hope that helps?

Regards, Baldrick

Hi Baldrick,

Thanks for that. It was something that I was unaware of. Appreciate your posting it.
T