my registry

• 28 April 2016
  • 1 reply

How do I clean my registry or is that taken care of with my daily scan?

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Hi PatsySue

Welcome to the Community Forums.

May I ask why you believe that you need to clean your system's Registry? The Registry is a key part of the Windows Operating System and as such should not be tampered with. There is no real reason to clean the Registry unless you are experiencing a problem that has been diagnosed as being due to a Registry-based error.

WSA does not, in the Antivirus version, include any cleaning tools other than those that deal with malware. The Complete version does have the System Optimizer feature that includes some basic & safe Registry cleaning features.

EDIT: I forgot to say that if yo are determined to clean your Registry then you could try CCleaner (by Piriform)...a number of us here in the Community use it and it has been proved to be safe especially if the default settings are used. You could try that but whatever you do/whatever you use please make sure that you have a back up of your system (and image is better) and that as a minimum you make a System Restore Point before you attempt any such cleaning.

Hope that helps?

Regards, Baldrick