Solved

my webroot scan results says i have 1 active threat, so how do i view it?

• 15 February 2015
  • 4 replies

my webroot scan results says i have 1 active threat, so how do i view it?
icon

Best answer by Baldrick 15 February 2015, 12:24

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello CATPUBES,

Welcome to the Commnunity Forum,

Please go to the PC User Guide.

To look at threats removed go here

Hope this help and if not then give ua a holler back!

Kind Regards,

Userlevel 7
Hi CATPUBES

Welcome to the Community Forums.

If I may add, to what Sherry has already posted, with regard to actually viewing the threat(s)?

To do this, you need to click on the 'Save scan log' button that you will see on the lefthand side of the fifth screen capture in the KB article that she has pointed you at previously.  On doing that  you will be asked to identify a location for the log to be saved in, and once provided and you click on 'Save' a text editor window will open and display the log contents.

This will list all files scanned with each prefixed by an identifier, the main ones being [g] (good), [b] (Bad), [u] (Unclassified), etc. and the [b] will denote the files that have caused the detection/alert.  I should point out that the contents of the log file is cumulative and so for the latest you need to look to the bottom of the file...obviously.  The contents will be cleared when one undertakes the reset action that KB article also points out.

So that is how you actually view the reason for the alert.

If you are technically minded and are interested in more detail then you can save a threat log (other option available in the same place as the save scan log) and that will give you copious details on the threats...far more than most users will want...but is available.

Hope that further clarifies for you?

If you have any questions do please come back and ask...we will be happy to try to assist further.

Regards, Baldrick
thanks, i think the 'active threat' was removed becasue i did a rescan and had no results.

thanks for your help.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello Again!

Thanks for letting us know and your Welcome!

Come on back anytime because we are a friendly group here!:D