my webroot subscription has been saying 'expired' for a few weeks, but it's also saying 'protected'

• 29 March 2015
  • 1 reply

im confused. i don't think my subscription is up until august. however, webroot is telling me my subscription has expired.
And it also says i'm protected and keeps running scans.

Any ideas.

I'm wondering if at some point i did and incorrect update and ended up with 2 webroot antivirus programs...if so are they fighting each other?

my updates wont complete...etc...

frustrated.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Hi amyjs718

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Did you by any chance have a trial of WSA before you purchased your subscription?  And if you did then did you convert the trial into a paid for keycode/subscription or did you shop around and get a new subscription, i.e., when you went paid did you use the same keycode as the trial or did you enter a new keycode instead?

If the latter then it may be that the expiry warning is related to the trial subscription which would have kept/will keep running down to expiry even if you enter a new keycode in WSA.

Alternatively the same can happen if rather than renew by adding more time to your EXISTING subscription you purchased a NEW subscription with a NEW keycode, and entered the NEW keycode into WSA.  Doing that would effectively start the NEW keycode/subscription but your 'old' keycode/subscription remains active and eventually runs down to 'zero' generating expiry warnings along the way.

To sort this out you will need to Open a Support Ticket, and advise the Support Team of the issue (you can copy and paste a link to this thread if yo like so as to avoid retyping everything) as we volunteers do not have access to the back office systems.

Hope that helps?  Do let us know how it turns out for you.

Regards, Baldrick