Solved

nothing happens when I double click the installer on Windows 10

• 15 March 2018
  • 5 replies

Hi,

I'm trying to install webroot, when I double click the installer, nothing happens. I've looked into the list of installed programs, and webroot is nowhere to be found, therefore there's nothing to uninstall.

I've tried the installer 9.0.19.43 downloaded from other threads and had no luck. My operating system is Windows 10.

Thank you
icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 17 March 2018, 14:01

View original

5 replies

Hi wtflmao,

Welcome to the Webroot Community.

Sorry to hear you're having trouble.

Please try downloading again from HERE.

After it has downloaded, please try right-clicking on the file and choose 'Open' and see if that will work.

Please let us know what happens. We will get you sorted out. :)

BD

Hi,

thanks for the reply. Same deal, nothing happened when I right clicked and open, I tried running as administrator as well without luck.

What are the next steps?

Thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
Hi wtflmao and welcome to the Community. Which Build of Windows10 are you using? The current patched version is 1709 (OS Build 16299.309)
Hello,

I'm using Windows 10 version 1709 (OS Build 16299.309)
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
Hello,

Open Task Manager and look for 2 Webroot SecureAnywhere processes and if they are there then it could be hidden in the taskbar notification area:  https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/help/30031/windows-10-customize-taskbar-notification-area if that is still not the case then it would be best to Submit a Support Ticket to see why you are having this issue

Thanks,

Daniel