Solved

one of my computers is infected.

Userlevel 1
Hi my name is Hector hector.
i have the webroot in 4 of my computers one is infrecte I try to clean from my computer but i can not any suggestions.

Thanks
icon

Best answer by Baldrick 6 November 2016, 20:48

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Hector

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Would you be able to provide some more detail in relation to why you think that you are not able to clean your infected computer? How do you know it is infected & with what? What response are you seeing in terms of that from WSA?

Please describe in as much detail what you can especially as to what functions you are using & any messages that are being displayed.

Hopefully from what further you can provide we can determine where you are and therefore what assistance we can provide.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 1

Userlevel 1
Do i have to call Tech.
Userlevel 7
Thanks for the additional information.

Based on the fact that the supposed infection was on 30th October and all the scans since then have been 'Clean' I would say 'No'...you may want to check 'Quarantne' to see if anything is lurking therein having been removed by WSA as a result.

But if you are concerned I would Open a Support Ticket to advise the Support Team and ask them to check your system out. Just include a link to this thread and they should be able to see the information you have already provided. The act of submitting a ticket will upload the current versions of the Scan & Threat logs so they can review those as well.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
^ @ has you covered :catwink:
Userlevel 3
Run the free version of Malwarebytes, if you think you have some malware, which Webroot did not detect. 
Userlevel 7
Hi teetertotter

We appreicate that you are trying to help but this is a Webroot Forum and as such our Community Guidelines to do not allows up to recommend non Webroot applications as remedies for suspectted malware attacks...if the OP believes that WSA has missed osme malware (which is very unlikley) then they should contact the Support Team as suggested by opening a support ticket and they will look into this for them.

If they want to use an alternative applicaiton that is their perrogative...but we should not suggest it in open forum.

Many thanks for your understanding in this matter.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 3
I didn't mean to step on WR shoes and will be more careful in the future!  😉
Userlevel 7
Hi teetertotter

No worries...thanks for your understanding in this matter. It is appreciated.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 6
Badge +16
If you're in your dashboard (as I call it) but where you can manage all your PC's that have Webroot, I noticed if you have an infection Webroot tends to immediately do another scan to make sure there's nothing left.

So if you see your dashboard showing an infection and a minute later it did another scan on the same date and is clean, it probably killed the virus and was double checking to make sure there wasn't anything left of it (and I think that might be the case from what i'm seeing on the October 30th, scans in that picture). Of course, if you're still concerned I would follow what "Baldrick" said in his post.