question mark on webfoot logo

• 2 April 2015
  • 1 reply

hello, 

why is there a red exclamation mark on the webroot logo on my menu bar and also i try to watch a movie online and was not able to ? i was told to update my Adobe reader and that has been doine then my flash reader but any time i download it , it does not show on the desk stop?
Please advise. 

thanks 

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +52
Hello

To show your computer's overall protection status, the system tray icon and the main interface change colors, as follows:
  • Green. Your computer is secure.
  • Brown. An important function has been disabled.
  • Red. One or more critical items require your intervention.
To view details about the current status and settings, open the main interface by right-clicking on the Webroot icon http://www.webroot.com/En_US/SecureAnywhere/PC/Content/Resources/Images/WebrootIcon.png from the system tray menu, then click View Status. (For Endpoint editions, click Open.)

@ wrote:
hello, 
 i was told to update my Adobe reader and that has been doine then my flash reader but any time i download it , it does not show on the desk stop?

1)Please be sure that you are downloading from the official site and not a third-party download site.

Download here:
https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Antivirus/how-do-you-get-adobe/td-p/195017

2)Run system scan

1. Open SecureAnywhere.
  2. In either the Overview tab or the PC Security > Scan tab, click Scan Now or Scan My Computer.
If SecureAnywhere locates threats, it opens a window that guides you through the quarantine process. Items moved to quarantine are rendered inoperable. You do not need to delete them or do anything else.

3)For those that are not detected by WSA, please see this KB Article. It has some easy to follow directions on locating and removing PUA's. You may also want to submit a Support Ticket, especially if you cannot remove it easily from the directions in the KB Article.