"Forgot My Password" broken. Also registration confirmation email broken. help?

• 13 June 2016
  • 3 replies

Ok so I am trying to use my current 3 device plan on my desktop that I finally set up. I have used Webroot Security on my laptop for a while now. First, I was having trouble logging into my account. I tried using the "Forgot My Password" link about 5 times with 20-30 minutes in between each attempt. When on the "Please check your email" page, I never receive any emails - neither to my inbox nor my spam folder. That led me to believe maybe I had never created an account. So I went back into my emails, searched "Webroot" and was brought to my order confirmation/receipt email. I found my keycode within that email underneath "You're not done!" with some registration steps following. So from there, I followed the steps to register an account. After I had all my information correct, I accepted terms/agreements and it brought me to another "Please check your email" page. This page claims I will be sent an email to take the steps to finalize registration. This seems to be another broken link, as I have waited and not gotten any email for 45 minutes.

3 replies

For now, I will download webroot through my original receipt email and use my keycode to secure my computer. However, I would still like to figure out why I cannot use an account. Whether I have forgotten my password, or I have not made an account to begin with - I still need an account.
quick note: I was able to create an account for the community/forums without any issues. However, this does not require a confirmation email - which is the reoccurring problem I am having.
Userlevel 7
Hi Cstober

Welcome to the Community Forums.

You best course of action is to Open a Support Ticket to alert the Support Team to the issue (if you include a link to this thread you won't have to retype all of the informaiton again). Theya re the only ones who can intervene as we volunteers have no access to the back office system where I dare say the issue will reside.

Regards, Baldrick