some company is trying to sell me an webroot package, how can I varify if this company id valid

• 6 September 2016
  • 6 replies

some company is trying to sell me an webroot package, how can I varify if this company id valid?

6 replies

Hi ronald_sackett,

Welcome to the Webroot Community.

I highly recommend avoiding third-party support providers. Many of these outfits are shady to say the least and charge outrageous prices for Webroot. Instead deal with Webroot directly. The have award-winning support that is FREE with your paid subscription.

You can get more information on Webroot products and pricing here.

Hope this info helps,

BD
Userlevel 7
Hi ronald_sackett

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Personally I would say that, unless you actually need anything more than WSA protection then you would be better off turning down the offfer and purchasing WSA directly from Webroot...given that the price will be much, much keener and you will get free Technical Support from Webroot for any issues related or suspect of being related to WSA & malware-related issues.

Whilst Webroot does have partbers and affliates we have little or no informaiton on them here in the Community but if you could post their name then perhaps our most excellent Community Manager ?  could check up on them and advise back as to the veracity of their claims & offer?

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
What's the name of the company? I can tell you if they have an official partnership with us.
Userlevel 7
Cheers again, Nic...the pickup is most appreciated. ;)

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
My pleasure!
Note to ronald sackett, NEVER trust your House keys to a complete stranger.....or your car keys either. I would ONLY purchase a Webroot subscription directly from Webroot.