still have a problem...

• 14 June 2018
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

Sorry it's so big... but so is my problem! ... this keeps coming up when i restart my phone... i guess it's saying there's an infected file on my memory card, it offers to remove it, but it apparently cannot. ... thought about taking out the card and checking it on my pc, thought again, that might not be the smartest thing to do in this here situation... any suggestions?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi @,

Sorry to hear that you still have this issue. Would you please Submit a Support Ticket and have the Support Team take a look at this for you? Or you can always call during business hours tomorrow.
 https://tel:18666124227

Keep us posted okay?

Thanks!
Userlevel 1
  It seems that the WebRoot secure anywhere mobile app was causing the problem... took my galaxy s7 into the at&t store, they used their equiptment to test the phone, it identified the WR app as the cause.
   Also, my phone started giving me messages that the app was causing a cpu overload and had to be shut down... My solution was to uninstall it. ... No more issues. This is unfortunate because I was enjoying the idea of having the added security on my phone. I hope there will not be an issue with the webroot program I have on my laptop as well.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello @

So very sorry you had problems with Webroot on your Samsung 7. Most of the time a uninstall/reinstall will solve that CPU issue. I have been running Webroot for close to 5 years on all of systems... PCs. Mac, Tablets & Android device (Samsung Note 4) with Webroot for 5 years. I would never go without protection on my Android. The way things are now a days.

May I ask you if you Submitted a Support Ticket?

Remember you can call Webroot Tech Support during business hours here: https://tel:18666124227 and they will gladly help you. Support would want to know about that CPU issue that you were having so that they could address it. This is a free service with your Webroot Subscription.

Again we apologize for any inconvenience.

Thank you,
Userlevel 1
Thanks for the speedy reply... Before I took it to AT&T, I took it to Best Buy, the store that sold me on the computer version... they uninstalled and reinstalled, problem was still there... they said they could do nothing else and suggested AT&T, said it might be the phone that is the problem, and I as I mentioned, AT&T said it was the WR app.. so, I uninstalled it... planning on installing it again to see if it was a glitch, maybe soled by an update or something, but haven't yet... I will try submitting a ticket. 
Userlevel 1
here... I owe you a "v"
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
You're most welcome! If you are submitting a support ticket you can copy and paste this thread if you want. https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Antivirus/still-have-a-problem/m-p/322909#M31862

One more thing I can do is ping @ who is a Webroot Android expert and see if she can assist. ;)

Please let let us know how things are going and if they got this issue resolved for you. If you get a chance.