svchost.exe

• 10 March 2015
  • 5 replies

Webroot has started detecting svchost.exe as a threat W32.trojen.gen.

The only problem is as it tries to get rid of it, it adds .vir to the end of it, but then detects that and tries to delete that, adding .vir.

Ending up with svchost.exe.vir.vir.vir.vir etc.  Ending in a loop.

Anyone help?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello sloty1246,

Welcome to the Community Forum,

Would you please issue a Support Ticket so they can look into this for you.
https://www.webrootanywhere.com/servicewelcome.asp

Kind Regards,
Userlevel 7
Svchost is a legimate application, Windows cant function without it. If it keeps coming back then its most likely the legitimate one that is being detected. Please contact support and create a ticket and I will have a look at the detection. 
It sure did a number on me and my computer equipment today. This is the second time in a month ive been taken out. I'm on disability and now hurt even more. I was told during the attack by a phone support guy there that I should contact Microsoft about my issue. That hurt. Now in pain and out money and very bored... Sad.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello Infected,

Welcome to the Community Forum,

What support guy did you talk to?  You might be a victum of a Scam.

Please submit a Support Ticket free of charge if you feel you are infected. This is a free service with an active subscription to Webroot and they can look into this for you.

Hope this helps,

Kind Regards,

Thank you ma'am. I'm not sure of his name but I know it wasn't a scam I've got the legitimate contact info readily handy. I will probably do so I do have the email saved on my phone. I don't have much in this world and now have even less. I felt good about this company and still want to. Its a shame hackers keep attacking a poor man coming back from a brain injuy but having a rude bodyguard ??? 🙂