transfering existing subscription to a new device

• 3 November 2015
  • 11 replies

Userlevel 1
The computer on which I installed webroot back in February has died and can not be resurected.  Can I transfer the balance of my subscription to a new computer and if so, how do I do this? 

11 replies

Hello ?

Welcome to the Webroot Community.

Yes, you can tranfer a subscription to another PC. First you will need to remove the old device from your account. Please login to you web console. Select PC Security and select the computer to deactivate, click on the Commands tab and select Deactivate.

Then simply download Webroot onto your new computer and be sure to have your keycode ready to enter. After a scan your newly activated PC will appear in your Web console.

Please let us know if this helps.
If you still have questions or need further assistance we will be happy to help. :)

BD

Userlevel 1
I am assuming that the account created for this forum will not work on the webroot page?  I tried and cpuld not get past the webroot login ....
Hello ?

That is correct, it will be different.

If you set up an account but don't recall the password you will need to select "Forgotten Password" from the login page.  If you have never setup an account you can find information on how to do so here.

Let me know how things go, or if you need more info, please. ;)

BD
Userlevel 1
I have created a webroot account and have gotten it activated.  Hpwever, when I go to the PC security screen as mentioned above it shpws that I have 0 PC s in the system.  Again I am assuming this is because I never created a webroot account earlier when I first downloaded the program.  (I did not know I had to do so)
Anyway, since I do not have one in the system should I skip the sp about deavtivating the old one and go right to downlaoding the program using the keycode?
Yes Harp, That is correct.

After you've installed on the new computer and run a scan it will show in the console after a little while. If by chance the old computer DOES show up in the console, you can remove it using the method I posted earlier.

Thanks for keeping us posted. Your information will help others in the future who may happen upon this post. :)

BD
Userlevel 1
arrrrgggghhhhh
OK....I downloaded the webroot program, opened it and when prompted entered in the keycode I got when I paid my account in February.  I got the keycode directly from the confirming email I recieved back then and in order to make sure I entered it correctly used cut and paste.   But now I get an error message that says  "enter a vaild keycode.  If you continus to receive this message contact SecureAnywhere support"

Now what?
Hello Harp.

Could you try again, please, and enter the keycode manually. I'm thinking the copy/paste may have caused problems.

Also be sure to read the keycode carefully so as not to confuse say an 8 with a B or a 5 with an S. ;)

I also forgot to mention that if your subscription is from Best Buy that you'll need to download a different version available here.

Hope this info helps, please let me know.

Jon
Userlevel 1
No joy.  I did buy the original program from best buy but that was over 8 years ago and I have simply renewed the subscription yearly ever since.  However, downloading the BB version made no difference...I still get the same error message. 

I am starting to get a liitle frustrated here. I had considered simply buying a new subscription but suspect with my luck I would not only be throwing away the balance of the existing one but that the new one will give me the same trouble.
Hi ?

At this point it might be a good idea to give Geek Squad a call at 1800-GEEK-SQUAD.

Let Geek Squad try a remote session to re-install... chances are it will not work as you seem to have done it correctly, but they have to verify it before they will move on.

I do know that if you have used the key code too many times it CAN eventually be refused.  Webroot Support cannot help with things if a new key code is required on a Best Buy subscription, but Best Buy can replace the key code for you.  ONLY Best Buy has access to replacement key codes for the Best Buy Subscriptions in the event a replacement is needed.

MAKE SURE you keep a copy of the old key code if you are using the Password Manager.

Once Best Buy has replaced the key code, you will want to submit a Trouble Ticket to Webroot Support.  Here is the thing: a key code replacement requires action by Webroot Support to transfer the user account(s) for Password Manager from the old key code to the new one.  Best Buy does NOT have access to the Webroot back-end to do this, and so they would need to submit a trouble ticket to do this.  Sometimes Best Buy seems to forget this step, so it will not hurt for you to be a bit proactive and submit it yourself just in case.

In the Trouble Ticket, include the details that you need the user accounts transferred, include the email addresses of the user accounts, they old key code and the new key code.

Hope this info helps, BD
Userlevel 7
VERY nice and detailed reply ?  It might be worth putting a tag or bookmark on it to find in the future!

😉
Once your device is connected to a computer. you can directly transfer data to computer . in this way,lots of people always  backup data to computer,   here is the one that works fine for me: http://www.android-rescuer.com/transfer-messages-from-android-to-computer.html