Solved

updates available and have not been installed

[1] Ran system analyzer, and got an 83 score, and "updates available and have not been installed". [2] Ran a CHECK via Secure Anywhere, My Account, About, Check, and received "you are using newest S.A. software. I am an newbe, and need your advice please.
icon

Best answer by Baldrick 5 July 2016, 21:04

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi freewheels

What the System Analyzer is indicating is that it has detected that you have Windows Updates that are avaialbe but not yet installed...it is not referring to updates to WSA itself.

I would look to run a manual session re. Windows Updates, or at very least use it to check if there are indeed any updates available.

If you need help with doing that then please try the following (assuming that you are not using Windows 10 but let me know if you are):

1. Open Windows Update by clicking the Start button . ...
  2. In the left pane, click Check for updates, and then wait while Windows looks for the latest updates for your computer.
  3. If any updates are found, click Install updates.
Regards, Baldrick
Baldrick - That's the problem, I am using Windows-10, and am unable to locate a "check for updates", from Start.
Userlevel 7
No worries...;)

Click on the Start Menu, and then on 'Settings'. From there click on 'Update & Security, and on the next panel displayed you will see a 'Check for updates' button.

Alternatively you can key in "check for updates" in the 'Search Windows' feature (Magnifying Glass to the right of the Start Menu button)...this gets you to the same place.

Regards, Baldrick 

As allways, thank you Baldrick, I learned a lot in this exercise.

[1] Lower left corner of Task Bar, click CIRCLE, next to Windows Icon [no 'Start' on my Win-10] enter "check for updates", and you may also see updates for other programs, such as Java, etc. 

Or 

[2] Lower Right corner of Task Bar, Action Center, All Settings, Update & Security, Windows Update, Check for Updates.

End...
Userlevel 7
Hi freewheels

Are you running in Tablet Mode as this is what I see on the left hand side of my Windows 10 Taskbar:

Still, you have managed to suss it out which is great.

Regards, Baldrick
I have a 'circle' in place of the 'magnifying glass'. On thing that I should have noted. I am a Windows-10 Previewer, running "Preview Evaluation Copy" Build14372.rs1_release.160620-2342.

End...
Userlevel 7
And I am running Windows 10 Pro...so perhaps there are subtle differences therein...;)
Badge +1

Just paid to renew.  Do I need an update?

Badge +1

Just paid to renew.  Do I need an update on my computer?

Userlevel 7

Just paid to renew.  Do I need an update on my computer?

Hello @Carlyle Rivenbark Welcome to the Webroot Community Forum. :relaxed:

Sorry for the late reply. Webroot updates 24/7 so there is no need for you to update, the software does it automatically.

Here is some information about updating:

https://docs.webroot.com/us/en/home/wsa_pc_userguide/wsa_pc_userguide.htm#UsingYourAccount/CheckingForUpdates.htm%3FTocPath%3DUsing%2520Your%2520Account%7C_____3

HTH,

Dave.