Solved

user interface

• 10 August 2015
  • 7 replies

how can I access the user interface? I have deleted the Webroot icon from the System Tray and from the Start Menu. Now I want to put the icons back, but I don't know how to open the Webroot user interface.
icon

Best answer by Ssherjj 10 August 2015, 15:46

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello ?,

Welcome to the Webroot Community

Would you want to try a Windows System Restore back to a time before you deleted Webroot icons? Or else you can uninstall/ clean install of Webroot which would only take 5 minutes or so to do.

Or ? do you have any suggestions?

Please follow the steps closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Subscription PC users click HERE)
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and don't import any settings if asked to as you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
Please let us know if that resolves your issue?

Userlevel 7
Hi ?!  I think the clean re-install is likely to be the easiest way to do it.  I was ponding this as you posted it LOL.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
Hi @!  I think the clean re-install is likely to be the easiest way to do it.  I was ponding this as you posted it LOL.
Hi @,

Thanks for the back up. I just didn't know if you had any tricks up your sleeves or not?;)

Thank you for your response to my issue.
Windows System Restore did not bring back the Webroot icons.
So I'll do an uninstall/clean install of Webroot. I do have a copy of my 20 character keycode.
Are these the recommended uninstall steps? Control Panel, Programs and Features, Webroot SecureAnywhere, Uninstall
After the Uninstall, is it recommended to run a clean up program? for information, Webroot is running smoothly with no issues other than the one I created (deleting the icons).
I have downloaded and saved a copy of WSAinstall.exe. Please confirm that these are the steps I should take. Then I will uninstall and then Run WSAinstall.
Charlie
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello cboss3,

Please follow the instructions that I gave you. There isn't a need to do a clean up of Webroot. Just the basic uninstall/clean install. You will be fine.

Yes use the Control Panel, Programs and Features, to uninstall Webroot.

If you have any more questions then please do ask.

Kind Regards,

issue solved. Uninstall/ clean install was simple and effective. Thanks, again.
Charlie
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi cboss3,

You are quite welcome!

Happy to hear it was resolved..Great news! Thanks for getting back to us!

Have a great day! 🙂