web root why does it freeze up my new computer that has windows 10

• 4 September 2016
  • 1 reply

When i installed webroot on my new computer with windows 10 it froze up and said rebooting

1 reply

Hello jb1354,

Welcome to the Webroot Community.

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble.

Have you been able to restart the computer? If so, is there a Webroot icon in your system tray? (lower-right, by the clock) or a Webroot icon on your desktop?

You can also check to see if Webroot is installed by going to Start menu/ All Programs and scrolling down to look for Webroot SecureAnywhere.

If you do have it installed I would still recommend an uninstall/clean reinstall. If it's not installed you can still use these directions to try installing, just omit the uninstall part of the directions;

Please follow the steps closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Subscription PC users click HERE) Let us know if it is the Mac version you need.
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and do NOT import any settings if offered by the installer as you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
Please let us know if that resolves your issue?

Thanks,
BD